Chapter twenty-six

Hey guys. I know it’s been a while but school started back and in a blink of an eye midterms were hear and it was soo frustrating.

Anyhoo…finally..here’s a chapter..love you guys!!!

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica’s POV

I was having breakfast when I heard a loud crash coming from Zac’s dad’s office.

“What’s going on?” I asked Daniel, who had told Zac to go see his dad.

“You should let Zac tell you.” He said with an odd expression on his face.

“Please?” I pleaded but he only shook his head and looked away.

I sighed in defeat as I headed to his office.

“-two guards with her at all times, also..” I heard Zac saying sternly but stopped when I guess he smelled my scent.

I knocked on the door and entered. Zac and his dad was standing facing each other to the side of a desk that was cracked in half.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

Zac had a worried, almost terrified look in his eyes as he glanced back at his dad before approaching me.

“Come on.” He said as he grabbed my hand as he led me out of the office. He led me further down the hall and stopped abruptly with his hands fisted and jaw clenched. He backed me against the wall with his hands on either side of my head, his forehead resting against mine as he took in a deep breath to calm down. I held his face in my hands and caressed his cheek as I saw the worry and distress on his face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

He placed one hand on the small of my back.

“I don’t want you to freak out or even think twice about it because I promise” he said scrunching my shirt in his hand “ I will protect you. I will do everything I can for you to remain safe.” He blew out a breath and continued, “ Dylan’s escaped.”

“Oh.” I replied as I became speechless.

“I don’t want you to worry about it okay? I’ll handle it. The only thing tats gonna change is that your gonna get some bodyguards.

“What?! No I’ll just stay with you or something!” I argued.

“No Jessica.” He said turning serious. “ I may not always be with you, I have alpha duties to take care of and you’ll eventually want some alone time right? And I alone might not be enough to protect you. Please don’t argue with me”

“Fine.” I replied as I rolled my eyes and turned to walk away.

“Hey.” He said as he grabbed my arm as he turned around and gave me a short sweet kiss. “ I love you.” He whispered caressing my cheek with his thumb.

I gave him a small smile and replied. “I love you too.”

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Two weeks have passed since Dylan’s escaped and the bodyguards have been driving me insane. I just have to move two feet for them to be following me like a shadow. I’ve also been acting really differently lately. I’m becoming tired a lot easier as well as vomiting a lot. I suspect that I’m pregnant but I’m not 100% sure, which leads me to what I’m doing now: getting ready to go to the pack hospital. Yes there is a werewolf hospital that is shared but three packs, our pack, my brother, Jared’s pack and another small pack in the area