Chapter Three

Thanks so much to everyone who has been supporting this story so far. The response has been overwhelming and I never thought I would reach this far in such little time. Thanks again!!!

Ali

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zac's POV

I smiled to myself as I walked into the huge backyard of the packhouse. My grin got wider as I saw everyone outside enjoying the beautiful day and couldn't help but be happy that one day all this would be mine, as soon as I found my mate. I sighed to myself, if I ever found my mate. I must sound like such a girl now but I couldn't wait to find my mate. Not just so I could become Alpha but to have someone with me. Someone that I could love unconditionally and for them to return that love. Someone to hold.....ok stop, I sound too much like a girl to continue on like this. Long story short...I want my mate.

I walked towards where I saw my mom and some of her friends lounging on some chairs. I smiled as I reached her side and gave her a quick peck on the cheek as she returned the smile.

"Where are you of to, son?" She questioned

"Just for a run mom, I shouldn't be long" I replied.

"Ok. Be careful and don't be late."

"I will"

I stripped of my clothes, leaving my shirt at a nearby tree, while tying my pants to my ankle. I broke off into a light run, gradually getting faster and when I was full on sprinting, I shifted into my huge black wolf.

'Finally' my wolf said to me, happiness clear in his voice. I chuckled to myself as I let him take control, knowing that he deserved it. My wolf growled in delight at the feel of the fresh forest air passing through our fur and the feel of the rough dirt under our paws as I pushed myself to go faster.

Suddenly ,I came across a smell so delicious and mouthwatering that it had me hauling to a stop. It smelled like my two favorites, chocolate and vanilla, so different, yet so perfect for each other.

'MATE!! GO TO MATE!!' MY wolf shouted to me and I immediately took back control before he did something we would both regret later. I followed the amazing scent when all of a sudden, an ear piercing scream broke out through the silence and I immediately recognized it as my mate's voice. Anger flooded through me as I broke into a run, thinking that someone or something was hurting my mate and being an Alpha meant that we were even more protective and possessive over our mates, so whoever hurt her, was about to meet their biggest nightmare.

The scent led me to a clearing on a cliff looking over the city, where I saw something that made me, if it was even possible, more angry. My mate was defenseless under a person who had her pinned to the floor and was forcing himself on her. I growled a growl that had even me terrified. They both looked over at me and even though I wanted to keep glaring and baring my teeth at the person who was hurting my mate, I just had to sneek a glance at the one person in this world who was made for me and me alone. This person who was mine and only mine. Once I stared into the blue grey eyes of my mate, I found it impossible to look away. It was as if every force of nature was preventing me from looking away from this amazing creature in front of me, so I didn't realize when the person on top of her had gotten up, pulling her along with him. He reached into his pocket and that was when I snapped my gaze away from my mate to look at him.

I saw that he had pulled out a pocket knife knowing exactly what he was planning on doing with it, but before he could even open it, I saw red and attacked him, taking careful consideration as to where exactly i jumped on him, so my mate wouldn't get hurt. I pinned him to the floor and waited for my mate to roll out of his strong hold before I started to attack. I was at an advantage , as I was in wolf form and my hold on him was so tight that he was unable to shift. I smirked to myself as I realized this. I attacked him, causing enough damage to knock him out but not, kill him. Even though I wanted to kill him, i had to attend to my mate. Her safety was my first priority.

I looked over and saw her on the floor looking at me closely. I walked over to her and nuzzled her neck breathing in her scent. Damn, this girl is going to be the death of me. I walked into the forest and changed back, quickly wanting to return back to my mates side. I walked out and saw that she had fixed her dress and was now standing, waiting patiently for me to reveal myself. She looked up as I stepped out and I was immediately captivated by her beautiful eyes.

She smiled as she ran to my side and jumped into my arms, letting out an adorable giggle while at it. I chuckled along with her as I crushed her into my arms and spun her around. I set her down onto the floor as I stared at her beautiful face. She had curly blonde hair that cascaded down her shoulders and back. Her heart shaped face and straight nose added to her beauty as well as her perfect sized pink lips that looked beyond tempting, but I held myself back, not wanting to move too fast into our relationship.

"What's your name beautiful?" I questioned

"Jessica. And yours?" she replied.

"Zac" I said smiling brightly at her.

"What pack are you from?"

"My dad's alpha of the Midnight pack."

"Wait your Alpha Weston's son." He nodded "Our dads used to be friends. Best friends actually. He told me about your dad all the time. My dad's alpha of the Wolfmoon pack."

"That's great. At least we won't have a problem with the parents getting along" we laughed.

At that moment I remembered where we were and said to him "I think we should leave before Dylan wakes up."

"What were you doing here alone with that asshole anyways." I said as I remembered the events that took place earlier and felt a jolt of anger shoot through my body.

Sensing my anger Jessica replied, "I think we should go back to my house and talk. My family will want to meet you as well." She said with that beautiful smile of hers and I knew that even though I just met her, she already had me wrapped around her little finger.

"Well, I came here running, but how did you get here?" I asked

"Oh crap" she said

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short but hey, I updated right. So what do you guys think of the story so far??

Anything you would like to have changed or been better??

Hoped you enjoyed it!!!

And don't forget to COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!!!

Thanks!!!

Ali