Chapter eighteen

Yay I have more time to update now so here you go.....chapter 18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed Daniel upstairs into the medical room. The medical room could be described as a mini hospital. Daniel made his way to the last room and knocked before entering.

Nicole was on the hospital bed with wires connected to her hand. She looked pale and had various bandages all over her body, including a broken arm.

Before I could say anything, Daniel spoke up and it was then that I realized Nicole's parents were standing to the side of her bed holding her hand.

"Um, Mr. and Mrs. Terin, could we give these girls a minute?" Daniel enquired.

"Of course. Take care dear." Mrs. Terin replied and kissed Nicole's cheek before walking out followed by Nicole's dad and Daniel.

"I'm sorry." We both stated at the same time and we smiled at each other.

"Wait why are you sorry?" Nicole asked.

"What happened to you, it was my fault." I said looking over her injuries again.

"How is it your fault?"

I pulled a chair to her side and sat on it.

"This was my ex-boyfriend's doing. Let's just say he wasn't too happy when I found my mate and left him. He went rogue and it was his 'people' who did this to you. He left a note and said he was sending a message by doing this to you. I'm so sorry Nicole, this is all my fault, I'm so sorry." By the end of my speech I was in tears.

Nicole placed a hand on my shoulder.

"It's not your fault Jessica and even if it was I forgive you. I should be the one apologizing to you. Ever since you first came here I've been an A-class bitch to you. I'm sorry as well."

"I forgive you." I say smiling at her

"I want to explain why I acted the way I did." Nicole started.

'You don't have t-"I started but Nicole cut me off.

"I want to. A couple weeks ago my best friend came back from boarding school. He left for school before any of us shifted so it surprised us when we realized that we were mates. He however rejected me because I was a slut. I was such a whore, I don't blame him for rejecting me, but I still wanted him so I moved on to the one other person that reminded me of him, Zac."

"I don't understand. Who is your mate? Why does Zac remind you of him?" I questioned, curiosity filling me.

"My mate is Carter, Zac's brother."

"Oh my God" I said in shock. After hearing that, it didn't surprise me that she moved on to Zac, because Zac and Carter had many similar features. It didn't sit well with my wolf what Nicole had just said to me but I pushed the feeling away.

"Yeah, sucks huh?" she said smiling sadly, a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

"What if I told you I had a plan to make Carter want you?" I asked

"Really?" she asked.

"Yep. Tomorrow is the pack's monthly dinner right? Well tomorrow we'll launch our plan."

"You're gonna have to tell me the plan you know." She said, her face glowing at the idea of getting her mate back.

"Ok, so here's the plan......"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*- Night of the Pack's monthly dinner -*

"Thanks again for helping me Mark." I say as Mark walk into the room as I was finishing putting on my earrings.