Chapter 4: Class With An Ass

The morning arrived faster than I thought it would with Hannah opening the curtains letting in an extreme amount of sunlight.

"Morning, Davis, did you sleep on it?" She asked as she was pulling out her robes.

"I slept well, thanks and I did," I lied.

"What's the verdict?" She prompted way too cheerfully for this early in the morning.

I grumbled and dove deeper under the quilt hoping she'd leave me to sleep. Instead, the quilt was rudely removed from on top of me and Hannah sat down next to me.

"You didn't, did you," she said quietly.

"Hannah, he likes me and I don't know how I feel. I have zero idea what to say to him now," I said rubbing the sleep from my eyes and reaching blindly for my glasses.

"Just be yourself," she reassured me.

"We all know how well that works. I have no skills in this area because I never expected anyone to ever have feelings for me past friendship. For example, do you not remember the Yule Ball?" I mumbled sitting up and looking at her after adjusting my glasses properly.

"Yeah, Wayne Hopkins," she said covering her mouth as she laughed.

"I spilled punch all over his shoes and it was a terribly sticky situation afterwards," I said.

Hannah continued to laugh as I left her there to go change into my robes. When I had finished, she had collected herself and was waiting for me to go up to breakfast with her.

"Think Johnny is already eating? Should I wait for him in case he's not up yet?" I asked as we joined Ernie and Zach on the way to the Great Hall.

"He's right there with that red headed girl," Ernie announced as we took our seats. "Anyone see the bacon?"

I waved good morning to Johnny who grinned back and kept talking excitedly with Gwendolyn. He seemed very happy and she was blushing profusely.

"Here, try this," I said handing Ernie some suspicious looking sausage that most definitely wasn't bacon.

He took a bite not even paying attention and instantly spit it out before glowering at me.

"That was not even close to bacon," he spat and then drained his pumpkin juice desperate to get the taste out of his mouth.

"Not my fault you didn't look at it," I said with a smirk.

Ernie rolled his eyes and looked away.

Professor McGonagall came by shortly afterward with everyone's schedule and we all started to compare.

"Potions first, Charms second, Astronomy third, Transfiguration fourth, lunch, Defense Against The Dark Arts fifth, Herbology sixth, and History of Magic seventh," I said leaning over to look at Hannah's. "Zach when are we going to practice for Quidditch?"

"I guess we won't be sleeping this year,  and Davis? I'm in all of your classes," he said grinning widely.

"You're what?" I exclaimed pulling his schedule from him and running down the listed classes on his.

"Well, what do you know? Looks like I won't have to scramble for someone to sit by," I said as I handed back Zach's schedule.

"Not so fast, I overheard Susan this morning telling her friend that the teachers are planning on giving us assigned seats this year. What's worse is that we won't be sitting with just kids from our houses, I may have to sit by a Slytherin," Hannah said worriedly.