Chapter 10: Study Session #2 And Revenge

The shower felt amazing after such a long practice. After I had assembled my notes again for tonight, I worked tirelessly at Snape's review essay. I was three-quarters of the way finished when I realized it was time to meet Malfoy again. Fussing with my bag and robes, I left the comfort of the dormitory to walk the halls.

Luckily, I made it to the library with no trouble. The table by the moonlit window was still waiting for tonight's run down of tutoring. I set out my notes and then fixed my gaze out of the window. It provided a complementary view of the castle grounds. The full moon was out illuminating the stone walls and the lake was just visible across the grounds. I sat in complete silence, just watching the silvery light bounce off the walls. It almost felt as though a dimmer version of the sun was shining.

 There, I waited patiently for Malfoy.

I waited for who knows how long, but before I realized it, the clock on the wall read 1am. My neck had stiffened up and my legs were sore from Quidditch practice combined with this uncomfortable chair I was sitting in for over an hour. Malfoy hadn't shown up and there was a very good chance I was about to fall asleep on the table. Gathering my notes, I left silently cursing Malfoy with a glare on my face.

I got back to the Common Room in no time and went straight up to bed. Tomorrow was Friday which meant that the day after was Saturday. Thankfully, Saturday came with the promise of sleeping in.

Dumping my bag, I changed into my pajamas and was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Needless to say, I was not too thrilled when Hannah woke me up the next morning and was cheerfully chattering about how wonderful she had slept last night. I rubbed my eyes and tried to convince my brain to wake up, but it felt as though I was about to die from lack of sleep.

"---and I had a great dream about Christmas Break with my parents! They took me around the Muggle Great Britain, showed me all this touristy stuff, and bought me sweets! If only you could have seen the sweet shops, you'd have been in heaven---" She went on about sweet shops while not paying the slightest bit of attention to me.

I somehow found my way into my robes and followed Hannah down to the Common Room. Johnny was there with Gwendolyn and Zach was yelling at Ernie as per usual. I ran my hands though my hair to tidy the mess on top of my head and watched as Hannah calmed down Zach and Ernie started laughing at Zach's face.

Ernie caught sight of me standing awkwardly alone by an overstuffed chair and hauled the other two over to me.

"You look like death warmed over! What happened to you?" He asked.

"Malfoy stood me up last night. I was in the library until 1am because the jerk didn't come. Guess maybe it's time to initiate Zach's Master Death Plan," I said through a couple of yawns.

"Step one is find him and beat the---" Zach began getting all excited.

"Step one is locating breakfast," I interrupted yawning again.

"Good idea. That makes step two is find Malfoy and beat the crap out of him for what he did," Zach finished.

"You personally or who beats him up?" Hannah asked.

"Yes," answered Zach smugly.

"Come on, let's eat!" I said.

"Food!" Ernie cheered and beat us to the table.

He loaded up a plate of eggs, toast, bacon, and a muffin while I buttered a bagel. That was the wonderful thing about breakfast here at Hogwarts, there was always a bunch of different foods or the same old favorites to indulge in. That meant Ernest ate like a king every single day.