Chapter 23: Confessions Are Fun

Pansy Parkinson is an average girl. Shoulder length brown hair, wide brown eyes, small pig nose, and a nasty attitude. Pureblood and a natural born bully, she preys on 'my kind' all the time and tonight was no exception.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" She snarled not releasing her grasp on my wrist.

"No one of consequence," I mumbled realizing I was slowly losing feeling in my wrist and hand the longer Pansy squeezed my arm.

"Nice try, Nine. You may think your smart comebacks are enough to get you out of this, but you're wrong. I know what game your playing," she said venomously.

"You do? Could you enlighten me please because I'm rather confused as it is," I retorted while attempting to free my wrist.

"You know perfectly well. You're trying to steal him away from me," Pansy spat in my face.

"Who now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't play dumb, you mudblood."

"No, really, who am I trying to steal? What game am I playing?" I asked her while trying to overlook the fact she called me mudblood.

Pansy moved her pig nosed face rather close to mine and glowered at me. If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

"I saw you talking to him on the platform today. Also, when you got in my way on the train was because you two were—"

"Parkinson!" A sharp voice cut her off and she immediately dropped my wrist and backed away from me.

I didn't even look up to see who had intervened as I was preoccupied with regaining blood flow in my hand. It had turned a faint purple color and I was concerned.

"I wasn't doing anything!" Pansy protested to the mystery person.

It wasn't really a mystery. There was another reason I was actively avoiding looking at them besides my wrist. That reason was why my cheeks were burning hot. I don't know what Draco was doing here but I was secretly glad he had showed up.

"Yeah, nothing at all," I hissed at Pansy as I massaged the peach color back into my hand.

"She tripped and I was helping her up," Parkinson mumbled.

"I didn't know helping people up involved cutting off the circulation in their arm," Malfoy stated angrily.

"But—"

"Get out of here, Parkinson," he growled.

She feigned as if she were crying and ran off towards the dungeon stairs. I watched her pause and give Draco one last longing glance before continuing on her way to the Slytherin Common Room dejectedly.

"Is your arm all right?"

I jumped as though I had forgotten he was still standing there not five feet away from me.

"It's fine," I answered still not looking at him.

I was perturbed by the fact I couldn't stop blushing. The more I focused on trying to calm myself down, the faster my heart beat and the more flushed my cheeks became.

"What did she do to you?" Draco asked quietly.

I tried to swallow, but my mouth had gone strangely dry. Closing my eyes, I allowed myself to take a deep breath and then re-open them.

"She confronted me about. . ." I paused unsure of exactly how to phrase this.

"About what?" His voice was so caring and gentle, uncharacteristic.