Chapter 24: The Carrows? More Like (s)Car(ec)rows!

Hannah was up bright and early the next morning and roused me with her. I fumbled for my glasses and pushed my messy hair out of my face. It was really getting out of hand in the morning and Hannah found it delightfully entertaining.

Cleaning a fingerprint off the glasses lens, I squinted over at Hannah who was brushing her long golden hair into ponytails and smoothing her robes.

"Morning!" She trilled after I had finally put my glasses on my face.

"Someone slept well," I said scratchily.

"Yes, but I'm really excited to get back to classes today! I missed so much last year and I'm taking a full schedule to make up for everything," Hannah explained.

"Full schedule? That's what I took last year and it was awful! I think I'll get at least one free period this time," I told her with a yawn.

"We'll just have to wait and see then."

I nodded and reluctantly climbed from my warm cocoon of blankets to sort out my robes. Susan was using the bathroom, but Leanne was just finishing up tying her shoes so I only had to wait for fifteen minutes until the bathroom was vacant. After I dressed, I spent several minutes flattening my hair down so it wasn't sticking up in every direction. Once that was taken care of, I headed back to the dormitory to find the necklace Draco had gifted me last year for Christmas.

"You're really going to wear it?" Hannah asked with a raised eyebrow as the two of us headed through the barrel and kitchens to get to the Great Hall.

"Of course! How could I not?" I exclaimed while running a finger over the small decoration.

"You're love-struck," she giggled as we entered the Hall and found our spot next to an already eating Ernie.

"Queen of The Nerds," I corrected Hannah as I reached for the toast.

"What now?" Ernie asked spewing a few crumbs at us.

"Gross, use a napkin," Hannah grumbled while wrinkling her nose at him.

"Sorry," Ernie mumbled and wiped his mouth crumb free. "What's up with Queen here?"

"She's in love," Hannah stated proudly.

"Not Malfoy, I hope!"

"Thanks for your support," I frowned at him.

"He's a D—" Ernie started to say.

Hannah smacked him upside the head and he stuck his tongue out at her.

"What was that for?" He asked as he rubbed the spot she had hit him.

"Davis and I talked this over last night and she's giving him chance. If anything bad happens, she'll find a way to get out the situation safely," Hannah explained.

"Fine," Ernie mumbled and went back to his breakfast. He had been somewhat supportive over the summer months, but I assumed the realization that we were already back at Hogwarts and that I was going to be interacting with Draco, he was just as nervous as Hannah had been skeptical.

Professor Sprout came by a few moments later with all three of our schedules and wished us all a very pleasant year. I grinned as I unrolled mine.