Chapter 6

Riley's POV

When school was finished I send Josh my address and went home, it was about 3:30 and so I had half an hour until Josh came. I quickly said hi to my dad and told him that Josh was coming over for some help with English.

He then replied, "okay, just don't let him stay to late, otherwise ask him to stay for dinner!" When I said I would I went upstairs and cleaned my room a little.

When it was 4:02 the bell rang and I opened the door looking at Josh. He then came inside because the sky looked rather dark. I think it is going to rain later on today or maybe tonight.

When Josh comes in I say. "Hi, where do you wanna study?" He then replies, "Maybe we can go up to your room and work there?"

I have kind of weird feeling because, why would he want to go into my room and not just study in the kitchen?

Eventually, after about a minute, I reply, "Sure, we can go up and then we can study there and I can help you. This way..."

When we were walking up the stairs I saw him almost saying something, but then closing his mouth before he could. I wonder what he wanted to say.

When w get up to my room on the second floor we go inside and I go sit on my bed. When Josh comes in he waits a moment and then comes and sits next to me. I feel kid if strange with him doing this because we don't even know each other at all.

Then I ask him, "What is it that you need help with?" He then answers, "I need some help with my grammar, I am really bad with my English grammar."

"Okay, do you maybe want to show me what you can do first and just write a short paragraph." I tell him, he says, "sure, I can do that, do you have a piece of paper?" When I give it to him he starts writing.

After he finishes writing I look at his paragraph and I see:
Hello, I am Josh and my friend is William. I don't knoew what to write so I will just write somthin.

When I read this I see that he needs a lot of help with his grammar. So first of all I say, "you have two spelling mistakes here, one is knoew. It is spelled K-N-O-W. The second is somthin, it is not spelled like this, it is spelled S-O-M-E-T-H-I-N-G."

When I say this he kind of looks sad so I tell him I will help him, but that he should really come often because we have a lot to do. He then answers, "Okay, I can come every day after school, is that okay?" I reply "Sure, but what about your friends?"

"Hanging out with you is fine with me too. Do you wanna meet tomorrow directly after school at the front gates so we can walk to your house together?" I blush a little and tell him that is fine with me, I then see that it is already 6:00 and tell him that he should go before it gets too late. So we go downstairs and we go to the front door.

When I open the door all I see is rain, thunder, and lightning. When Josh sees this he says, "Can I maybe stay here for a little while longer until the rain has become a little calmer?"