Chapter 17

Riley's POV

After they had told me about everything that had happened I had asked my mom if I could privately talk to Josh. He looked a little worried, but I smiled at him. When he saw me he looked a little less worried and more happy. When my mom left I went to him and hugged him, I told him that I had heard him talk to my mother. He looked at me and blushed a bright tomato red, which made me laugh! He then stopped blushing and kissed me and said that probably means that you know that we are meant for each other, uh... And I really wanted to say uh..." "Go on," I said.

"I love you, I know we haven't been together long, and we have only kissed about 3 times, but I love you!"

I then kissed him really long and said, "I love you too! I love you a lot! I think that here underwater we would probably get married if we found this out. Do you know which age they get married here?" I told her that that depends, but the youngest is when they're 16. We bother blushed like tomatoes after that and we started laughing and couldn't stop! I think we were laughing for about 10 minutes when my grandpa came inside and we abruptly stopped laughing.

My grandpa then said, "I heard the wonderful news and came to congratulate the both of you for finding your true love!" We blushed a little and said thank you. My mom came in and said, "I tried to stop him! I'm sorry, Josh was probably just explaining everything to you, right?" I said, "No, I overheard your talk about it when I woke up so I already know about what you told Josh. Also, that is why I wanted to talk to Josh, I really like him!" "I really like her too!" Josh said.

My grandfather then said, "You both do know that all of my family has always married when they were 16 right?" Josh and I looked at each other and blushed a little because we were still young and what would we do? What about on land?

I asked those questions to me and then to my grandpa, he then told me and Josh that the marriage counts under water, but also above water. So if we decide to get married then we would have to change our last names so that we were the same family. Then people would either think we were married or that we were brother and sister.

"I really like it here under water, do you think that maybe we can stay here without anyone thinking we're gone or something?" I ask? They tell me that if I want to stay there I have to tell my dad that I am going away and going to find my mom or stay with my mom. Then I asked my mom a question, "Does dad know you're a mermaid?" Her answer was "Yes." Grandpa sighed and said that we could go and ask Josh's mom if he told Josh's dad about that she was mermaid.

When we had asked Josh's mom she also said that she did tell Josh's dad. We the decided to tell our dads the truth together.