Chapter 7

Riley's POV

I ask my dad if it is okay if Josh stays over until the storm is finished and he tells me that the storm is going to be there the whole night.

Josh then decided to call his parents and tell them that he is at someone's house and that he might sleep there if the storm continues. He says this because my father said that he probably shouldn't go out in this weather.

I then show Josh the guest room where he will be staying because of the storm. I think he feels a little awkward having to stay here.

--------

Josh's POV

I am so glad because of the storm I get to stay in her house. I really like her, but I don't know how to tell her.

I know that Amy also likes me, but if you ask me she is just really mean and annoying! I am now looking at the room where I will be staying, I am kind of happy that it is next to her room. I decide to ask her something, "Riley, uh... I wanted to ask you uh... can I hang out with you until it's time for dinner, I'm so thankful that you allowed me to stay in your house! Thank you!" I chickened out, I was going to ask her if she liked me!

Although maybe I shouldn't because I do have a big secret for her and everyone, even my parents.

--------
Riley's POV

I thought he was going to say that he liked me, maybe he just chickened out? No I don't think that someone like him would chicken out about something like this. He must have wanted to say something like this because I know that wasn't what he was going to ask me originally, but I did answer, "Of course you can hang out with me in my room, what is that sound?" I heard something coming from his pocket.

I think it was his phone. He looked at it and sighed, so I asked him, "what's wrong?" He replied, "Its Amy, she wants to know if I'm okay. Se so wants to know if we can hang out later! I don't think so, has she even seen the storm? I might even have to stay here tomorrow the whole day because of the storm!" I blushed a little and he did too, maybe he does like me?

I then asked, "What are you going to text back?" He told me, "I am gonna text her that I am at your house and that i am staying here until the storm is finished. I quickly stopped him from sending his message and said, "I don't think you should tell her that you are here if you still want to go out with her..." He replied, "I don't want to go out with her, I like someone else. Can I send the message to her now?" He all said this looking straight at me! I really like him, I think he likes me too, but I'm not sure.

"Okay, you can send her the message. I just hope that she won't be too mad at me!" I reply, when Josh hears this he looks like he is really mad. "I won't let this happen! If she's going to get mad it should be at me, not you!" He says to me. I stand there shocked. He really likes me! Why else would he say something like that?

While we were talking we went into my room and we sat down on my bed.

I heard my dad calling from downstairs, "Can you two come down? Its dinner time!"