Chapter 9

Riley's POV

When Josh left I was so happy that I immediately went upstairs and got ready for our date!

After a while I was ready. I was wearing a blue dress that matched perfectly with my blue eyes. I was also wearing blue slippers.

At leas I still had a good outfit from las time I went out eating with my dad and I had to be on a dress and look good for his colleagues. I then checked the clock and saw it was 10:00 so I decided to walk to the Juice Bar slowly. Normally it takes about 15 minutes walk, but sometimes if I walk slowly it can take longer to get there.

We. I finally reach the cafe I had made a longer walk and walked around a little. I walked in at 10:56 and I saw him sitting there in a booth for two. He was looking at the entrance and when he saw me he looked happy.

-----------
Josh's POV

I was looking at the entrance waiting for Riley and then I saw her, she was wearing this beautiful blue, aquamarine dress and aquamarine shoes. She was beautiful! I waved here over and she came my way.

When she reached the table I said, "Wow, you look beautiful! I don't think there is anyone prettier than you on the world." She the started blushing a lot and I think I was too. At least she isn't the only one blushing then!

She then replied, "You look good too! Don't you think this is a little too much? I mean my clothing?" I answered, "No, I think you look beautiful and that you are perfect!" She blushed again and said, "Thank you!"

After a while of talking we ordered some drinks and some food and talked some more about our families and about school, she also told me that she actually doesn't really care about things like clothing. She looked a little worried at me, but I said that I didn't mind an she let out her breath.

Soon we ate our food and we talked a little more. At 2:00 PM we went out and of course I payed for the food and drinks. We went to her house and took a walk on the beach there.

She decided that she wanted to go swimming and I told her that she could, but that I wasn't wearing any swimming pants so I couldn't. She went inside and changed and came back out in a blue swimsuit which looked really good on her.

I saw her going in the water and I felt something weird. I then saw her looking all strangely down at her legs. There were all these bubbles around her legs and I realized that she was a mermaid, but she looked shocked. I don't know why, unless, maybe it was her first time changing into a mermaid?

She looked at me and she started swimming away. I dove after her and when I saw her there underwater she had a beautiful blue with aquamarine tail. It was absolutely wonderful to see! My tail is just blue though. Nothing special.

When she saw me underwater she took a breath and she looked all worried and afraid. I told her to go up and she looked at me questioningly so I pointed up with my finger.

When she understood she started swimming upwards and I kind of had to help her to swim up.