Chapter 13

Riley's POV

He called for his daughter and I wondered why. I then heard a voice calling, "Hello father, you wanted to see me?" I guessed she was about 40 listening to her voice only.

I then turned around and looked at the woman in shock, she was my mom! My mom then stopped too when she saw me. "Riley" is all she said. I the said loud enough for everyone to hear, "Mom?" How can this be?

I looked at Josh and saw him looking at me a little strangely and shocked, I would probably also do that. I then turned to the king and he just sat there shocked and unmoving, I don't think he was breathing. I then said, "You have to breathe!" He started breathing heavily again.

I then turned to my mom and swam closer, I hugged her and said, "I thought you were gone forever! What happened? I missed you so much! Dad thinks you left us!" She looked sad. I don't think that she wanted to leave us, but she probably had to so that her father didn't realize she had a human child, maybe she thought I wasn't mermaid so she left?

I was so happy that I started crying though!

I then loosened from the hug and looked at Josh who was still a little shocked but happy also said though. Probably because I found my mom!

Now we would just have to find his mom! I went over to him and hugged him too. I looked at my finger nails and saw they were red, probably because I was in love with Josh, did I just think that? I didn't know my fingernails did that though until now!

Now mom and uh... grandpa also saw that I was in love with Josh! That's just a little embarrassing!

When I stopped hugging Josh I saw that he was happy too! Then grandfather, the king, coughed to get our attention again, so we all turner towards him. First he asked my mom why she didn't tell him that she had a child with a human. She said that she thought that he would take the baby away and she didn't want that so she decided she wasn't going to tell him about the baby. Then she told me that she was very sorry that she had to leave because she had to come back to the ocean because to long out on land for a mermaid or merman isn't so good for them.

After this was said we talked a little more and figured out a plan to find Josh's mom. We would get an old picture of his mom and bring it with us and make some copies, and put them in plastic so the water won't affect it. Then some soldiers could go out and go from door to door and find his mother. Eventually then we would find her and she would be reunite! with her son!