Chapter 1

Riley's POV

It was a warm morning and I, Riley, was walking on the beach when I saw my friend Lina who is 16 just like me. I had just come from my house where my dad was, I knew my mother when I was young, but she mysteriously disappeared. My dad never talks about her anymore because he doesn't get why she would just leave us, because that is what he thinks, but I don't believe him. I don't believe that mom would do that. She wouldn't just leave us, because she was happy with us.

My house is at the beach, we have a private beach where I sometimes meet up with my only friend. Although I can tell that she doesn't like me anymore. All she cares about is how she looks. I don't really care about that kind of stuff and I never have. This is why I am sometimes bullied in school and my friend doesn't help me even though she is supposed to because that is what friends do.

Today I am going to tell my friend that I know that she doesn't like me so she can just go do whatever she likes more. I decided it was time.

"Hi Lina, I uh... wanted to tell you that uh... I know that you uh... don't really like me, so you can uh... stop pretending to be my uh... friend," I said.

Then she replied really fast and not really meaning any if it, "I'm sorry, it's just, you have such bad style and you don't care about your clothing, it is just so annoying! I have to go now, I'll see you at school, I am glad you understand that I don't want to be friends with you anymore!"

"But I never said... never mind, bye!" I kind of yelled back to Lina. I was kind of mad at her because this is how she ended our friendship after 2 years? She also kind of sounded happy that she didn't have to be friends with me anymore.

I was actually also kind of happy that she left because when we go swimming she never wants to come in the water anyways. Which means I am always alone in the water which, if you ask me, is no fun when someone is just staring at you. I finally find the spot which I like most to go swimming and drop my towel and my phone on the sand.

I take of my shorts and shirt and go sit in the sand and lie down to think about my life.