Practice

I growl. I swing my sword as hard as I can but Pewds dodges it. He goes to hit me, but I use my sword to block his attack. We're standing there, trying to push the other's blade away.I shoulder Pewds, making him fall onto his back. I place the sword tip just grazing his throat. I growl. "Okay, okay, you win." He says, dropping his sword. I pull my sword away. I take off my gloves and help Pewds up. "Ugh, you're even heavier with the armour," I say teasingly. He fake pouts. "Leave me alone!" he picks up his sword, putting it away. I take of my helmet, giving Pewds a quick peck on the cheek. We were just practicing. The dinner bell rings. "Race ya to dinner!" I shout, running in the direction of the bell. Pewds easily catches up to me. "Here, have a little help," he says smirking. He grabs me and picks me up, bridal-style. I shriek, not expecting that. He grins. He jogs up to the clearing, carrying me easily. He puts me down, laughing. I laugh with him. I spot Cry with Stephano and Shawn. We grab our food- stew, ew- and head over to them. "Hey guys!" I say, smiling. "Hey! Oh Pewds you finally manned up and asked out my sister!" Shawn says. I blush, and so does Pewdie. "Well, uh,yeah.." Pewds murmurs. Shawn laughs, expecting that reaction. "I gotta go, see ya guys," he says. He comes over and whispers something into Pewdie's ear, making him blush. Shawn snickers and walks away. "What did he say?" I ask curiously, laughing at Pewds' reaction. He turns to me. "Oh, nothing," he stutters. I sit down beside Cry and eat. "So, what time are we fighting at?" I ask, still laughing. "Well, we got another note earlier saying at three tomorrow, so we better be prepared," Cry says, swirling his stew around the bowl with the spoon. "Cry eat, you'll need your strength," I say, trying to take the spoon from him. He stands up suddenly. "I'm not hungry, see you guys later," he says bluntly, walking away. "Was it something I said?" I ask no one in particular. "He's missing his family, he was telling me," Stephano replies, before going back to eating his food. "Oh." There was an awkward silence for a few moments while we ate. Pewds finishes and stands up. "Come on (Y/n), let's go find Cry." I nod and take his hand. We walk up to the place we were using as a training area and see Cry furiously attacking a dead walker we use as a dummy. I let go of Pewds' hand and go over to Cry. He collapses to the ground in exhaustion. I slip my arms around his neck and whisper into his ear soothingly, "Don't worry, Cry. By tomorrow it will all be over." He turns around and hugs me tightly. "Thanks (Y/n), I'm just really missing my family," he sniffles. I stand up and help Cry up too. "C'mon, let's practice!"