Day 6

April 6, 2013

Day 6: Write a scene where you love the outfit a character is wearing.

"Don't you think it's a little too much?" I asked my sister, Stephanie. 

"No, it's perfect on Caitlin, see?" Steph replied, "Caitlin, do a turn, please."

Caitlin did as my sister said, twirling around slowly and shyly in the little raised platform in Stephanie's bedroom. 

"It's a little too short, I think," Caitlin voiced out.

I nearly roll my eyes at her. As if she wasn't used to wearing skimpy clothes, I thought moodily remebering her outfit at Cole Veda's party.

"I don't think so," Steph said, "I think it should still be taken up a little."

"NO!" Caitlin and I said at the same time. 

Stephanie held both of her hands up in a sort of surrender.

"Okay! Geez," she said, "Chill, you guys."

Stephanie steered Caitlin's shoulders towards the mirror and I tried to regain my composure.

"Don't you look wonderful?" Stephaine sighed dreamily, "This dress looks so good on you! I have always dreamed of wearing it, but it looks so much better on you.'

"Why do you even own such a dress?" I asked Steph suspiciously, but my eyes were trained on Caitlin who was looking at her reflection with a small smile.

"I bought it before Baby Greg, you know!" she said gesturing to her swollen belly. Steph was six months pregnant and positive that the baby's a boy. Her husband, Gregory, on the other hand is positive that Baby Greg is actually Baby Steph.

"Doesn't she look beautiful, Xander?" Steph suddenly asks me, gazing at Caitlin in the full-length mirror across them again.

I looked at Caitlin from head to toe in the mirror. The dress was nice, sure. It was made out of a soft, flowy material in my favorite color, midnight blue. But what made it beautiful was Caitlin herself. The dress fell halfway down her thigh showing off her long, shapely legs that were almost pale. The dress was also sleeveless and I thought that it showed too much of Caitlin's skin. The neckline dipped showing off her ample cleavage. My eyes rose up to look at her face.

"She's always beautiful," I answered breathily.

She looked mortified and I was ashamed to be caught staring at her like that. What has gotten into me?