Room 93: MATILDA

People! It was fridging awesome!!!

I'll go in order of the show...SPOILERS!! (duh)

The staging and set are brilliant. Seriously. Like, I didn't watch any clips other than vlogs and Tony and Olivier Awards. So the whole experience was a dream.

First off, Miracle. Listening to those kids song on a real stage? My mind is blown. (Also I don't compare them to the OBC. Much) Of course, I love the Doctor and he was fabulous. And then Mrs. W came out in all her glory and I'm like YAS YAS YAS YAS. She is so good. She made it her own and everything, and that's saying a lot. And Mr. W just HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The Matilda. The-Ma--Matilda...WAS SO GOOD IT'S LUKE SYDNEY LUCAS AND I'M LIKE UGHRLGE MY LIFE. Sydney should do Matilda that'd be cool. Anyways, tangent. Uhm so Naughty was incredible and everything, but honestly it's not my favourite song...

School Song! Yay the visuals are so amazing in this song. And I love the end where they put the letters in awesome staging there

Eeeeeeep the Miss Honey was fantastic!!!!! But all of them are now that I think of it...but she was captivating.

The Hammer was hilarious-ballz and quite-okay it was rotfl. Ya.

LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ALL DAY! NO, REALLY. IT WAS AMAZEBALLS AND THE ZINNIA WAS AN AMAZEBALLS DANCER AND THE RUDOLPHO AND AHHHHH I CANNOT EVEN!
Oh and I didn't know she was singing it to Miss Honey...

This Little Girl was pretty good.

Bruce yay! This song I wasn't expecting all the lights and dancing. It was so cool.

INTERMISSION! I despise intermission.

Telly! Gaah I love Telly. But the Michael W has really high-pitched...kind of strange...

WHEN I GROW UUUUUUUUUP I WILL EAT SWEETS EVERYDAY ON THE WAY TO WORK AND I WILL GO TO BED LATE EVERY NIGHT AND I WILL WAKE UUUUUUUUP WHEN THE SUN COMES UP AND I WILL WATCH CARTOONS ALL DAY AND I WONT CARE COS ILL HE ALL GROWN UUUUUUUUP WHEN I GROW UUUUUUUP
I LOVE THIS SONG.

The Smell Of Rebellion! I love the part when they jump up and land on the mat. Especially when the Trunchbull does it. It was awesome.

Quiet was really moving actually. And again, the set and staging are brill.

This is Myyyyyyy House! Love the Miss Honey. After this song I was in tears.

WE ARE REVOLTING CHILDREN LIVING IN REVOLTING TIMES WE SING REVOLTING SONGS USING REVOLTING RHYMES WE'LL BE REVOLTING CHILDREN TILL OUR REVOLTING'S DONE AND WE'LL HAVE TE TRUNCHBULL BOLTING WE'RE REVOLTING
THIS IS MY FAVOURITE SONG FRLM MATILDA AND IT WAS FANTABULICIOUS

Other notes:
I'll post the cast in a few weeks, otherwise you'll know who I saw and it will reveal my location *gasp*
The Trunchbu sounded more like a man than a man pretending to be a woman. Still like Bertie Carvel better.
The lighting and staging and all the technical things are so cool and it brings this awesome modern edge to a musical based on a book set in Olde England (not really, but you know what I mean)

Rant time!
SO. MATILDA IS AIMED TOWARD CHILDREN. CHILDS ARE EXPECTED IN AUDIENCE. CHILDS ARE LOUD. BUT. THIS AUDIENCE, THE PARENTS SET A HORRIBLE EXAMPLE AND WERE TALKING, EATING CANDY, AND OVERALL BEING A BAD AUDIENCE. AND IT MAKES ME REALLY MAD THAT THEY PAID MONEY TO AEE A SHOW THEY ARE NOT REALLY SEEING. WHICH LEADS TO...YAAAAAAS PATTI LUPONE YOU ARE MY HERO FOR TAKING THAT STUPID PHONE. THE THING THAT SHOCKS ME IS THAT THE NOW PHONE-LESS LADY IS NOT EMBARRASSED BUT ANNOYED. UUGGHHH. AND PATTI DON'T LEAVE THE THEATRE.

Aaaaaaand scene.