Angel

So I haven't updated in a while. Sorry. But I've been super busy because we put on a Winter Programme on Monday and we had rehearsals all last week and it's exhausting but I love it. Anywhalez one of my roles was Angel, a slightly psychotic girl who sings everything, namely a theatre kid, and she's auditioning for the role of Angel because her name is Angel!! Can you believe it??! . It. Was. So. Much. Fun. I don't have pictures sorry I forgot but the costume was an ugly over the top Christmas sweater with sparkly flats and leg warmers because everything was sparkly!! And I had a fridging halo!!!! And the script went a little bit like: I enter ad introduce myself and talk/sing about my accomplishments in theatre (Tomorrow Annie, I Feel Pretty West Side Story, Phantom Of the Opera title of show) super cool. Then I read from the Bible and I can't even (my drama teacher wrote the script mind you)
Oh my God oh my God you guys
Joseph has finally won the prize
He will choose Mary as his wife and get a big surprise
Oh my God you guys oh my God!!!!
Who could ask for anything more??!
And then the director kind of tells her she did a great job, read it again, she does dramatically then bows for an imaginary Broadway audience (when I was doing that, one show, the audience started clapping. Awkward) then she realises the angel was the first 'instant messenger'!!!! She tells the directors she can't do the role because 'no method acting would ever get me ready for this role.' Director tells her to put resell in Angel's shoes, Angel think she means wings, she flaps her wings to the manger (this was the best part y'all) and sings Wind Beneath My Wings until the director clamps her mouth shut. (Throughout this the directors are annoyed and irritated and it's hilarious) she reads the passage again with sincerity and the end.
So that was amazing and hanging out in the wings was also a blast!!! So yea my explanation for being gone