~Distance~ Part 2

She rode Violet at a furious pace for what seemed like an eternity. The sky was slowly dimming into dusk. Her unshed tears blinded her view as she finally pulled on her reins bringing Violet to slow trots. A small clearing with trees was ahead and she led Violet to one. She dismounted slowly and tied her to a low hanging branch.
She sat with her back against an old tree and closed her tired eyes that still burned with tears. Her cry broke the silence around her. So much anger seethed through her because Alicia got what she wanted. To turn Adrian against her.

Her mind wandered with so much that happened. She hurt. She could still feel the sting of Adrian's punishment. What was to become of her now? She could not return.
She hugged her self trying to calm herself and settling her sobs to hiccups.
The soft rumble on the ground broke her from her thoughts and she quickly looked up noticing it was Adrian on Gideon ridding towards her.

Panicking she stood. Contemplating an escape. She looked quickly to Violet and saw she was not going to make a clean escape because by then Adrian was there.

Her heart slammed in her chest. How she wanted to disappear just for the ground beneath her to swallow her up. She could not face him. She couldn't stop shaking and her breaths felt labored at the thought of him coming close. A part of her wanted to run in to his arms and another wanted to scream at him for what he did. Frustrated and conflicted with her emotions her treacherous tears burned.

She couldn't move because his gaze held her in place. She leaned on the tree for support, her shakey legs could barely hold her up.

He slowly dismounted Gideon. His eyes held hers as he slowly approached her. She was still crying and his heart just fell more to his stomach. He was disgusted with himself. His actions as of late have been deplorable. First seducing her. Then punishing her.

He stood before her.

He could see her trembling.

"Eva," he gently tilted her chin up.

Her eyes settled on his. And his heart jumped. He hurt her and it pulled at him.

He was lost in her gaze and his urges to hold her surpassed reason and good judgement.

He caressed her cheek and lowered his lips to hers. His kiss started off tender then deepened. He pressed her up against the tree and reveled in the sweetness of her lips and her warm body flushed with his. His fingers trailed her slender neck and lingered on her erratic pulse. Alarming bells rang in his head with the thought of taking her right here and now. And he was fully aware that she would not stop him. Both need and desperation for her collided and it frightened him. He would commit a horrible deed and ruin her.
He could not do that to her.

Drawing away from her he apologized and pulled her close.

He held her tightly trying to calm his rapid heart beat. Trembling he braced his arm against the tree. He looked down into her eyes for one silent moment. His thoughts one jumbled mess after another.
should he continue and let their passion run wild? Elope with her? Send her away?
He was in agony with each decision.

He closed his eyes, he shut out the view of her admiration and desire.

If he continued this they would both suffer. He was going to marry Alicia. He could not hurt either of them.

"Eva...we can't continue this way," he whispered still breathing heavily.

"This is not healthy for neither of us," he looked down into her face.

He pulled her close not wanting to see those eyes. They weakened him. She weakened him.

Oh God! How do I do this?