Introduction

~At the toss of the dice~
Young Evangeline's fate had changed forever.
Her father recklessly gambles away their family fortune, to pay off his debt, he is given an ultimatum hand over his daughter or go to jail. He must hand her over to the evil Reynaud Locksley, the tons most ambitious and heartless gambler.

With the death of her father, she is left alone at the mercy of Locksley. But, she escapes him and a series of unfortunate events puts her in the company of two orphans Phoebe and Tonk. Now in the care of two pick-pocket goons Travis and Jobbins, she is taught to steal in order to survive the London slums.

~A twisted change of fate~
Lands her in the home of Adrian St. James.
The wealthy and handsome, Earl of Fairhaven. Her clumsy attempt at stealing gets her caught. Adrian confronts the little street urchin and is intrigued by her courage and spirit.

He is determined to discover her troubled fate and vows to protect her when her terrible enemy from her past ends up at his doorstep to collect his debt.
Evangeline

In his care, she transforms from street urchin to an elegant beauty before his eyes. Now he's torn between being her protector and his growing desire to have her and claim her for his own. He buys the freedom of this daring beautiful thief that somehow slipped his defenses and stole his heart.