Defending what is mine ~Part 2~

It did not take long for Adrian and
Arlington to conclude their business with Reynauds men. After the duo entered forcefully into the room and confronted the two men, a violent brawl broke out 3 against 2 where Adrian, Arlington and Christopher proved their might and left Reynauds men rendered unconcious on the floor for the authorities.

In no time after Christopher was reunited with his daughter the three left in search for Eva.

The carriage barely pulled to a full halt before the manor when Adrian stepped out in a rush with Caroline, Arlington, Sabine and Christopher on his trail.

Crashing through the entrance doors and walking into the foyer, he heard Eva's screams.

He ran towards the struggling sounds.
Entering the room, His stomach dropped.
Eva sobbed, struggled against  Reynaud to get free but it was no use. He tore at her gown, ripping the fine fabric to shreds.

Frozen in the doorway, Adrian took only a second to understand the scene before he roared and closed the distance.

"Get off of my wife,"

Following him in, Caroline saw Eva passed out on the bed, mouth bleeding, clutching her shredded gown to her chest and her fingers tightly gripping her stomach.

His gaze left Eva in Carolines arms and rested on Reynaud. Fired burned in their depth the bright blaze of anger and vengeance.

In two quick strides that took him across the room before Caroline could fully comprehend what he planned to do, he confronted Reynaud.

Reynaud moved first throwing the first punch and missing Adrian as he ducked and sidestepped away from the first blow just in time for him to smash his fist with a murderous grunt into Reynauds ribs.

The two men grappled furiously a few feet away and Caroline sat nervously clutching Eva's unconcious body close as she watched her brother in awe.

She hardly recognized him. She would have expected a few savage blows before handing him over to local authorities. Instead, he had turned into a bloodthirsty stranger, intent on tearing his opponent apart with his bare fists.

Nervous and worried for her brother, she glanced at Arlington and Christopher still holding Sabine close. But the two mens gazes were on Reynaud as they stood guard by the door so he would not escape. Both looked furious, ready to intervene, but one more look at Adrian and Caroline saw he needed no help.

Recovering quickly from the few jabs of Reynaud. His movements were quick ducking underneath his swinging fists, Adrian caught Reynaud around his lapels and threw him against a settee near the fireplace.
The wood cracked and splintered beneath him.

Staggering to his feet. Reynaud lunged at Adrian once more, and he sidestepped, twisted, and buried his fist in his jaw sending him to his knees.

With lightning speed, Reynaud caught the sight of the fireplace poker. He grabbed it and swung it Adrian. But Adrian lunged back and punched Reynaud in the stomach. He doubled over and Adrian straightened, finishing him off with a final blow of an upper cut to the jaw sending Reynaud stumbling backwards.

He fell against the fireplace, smacking his head against the marble mantle. Locksley crumpled to the floor and didn't move.

There was a savage gleam in Adrians eyes as he stared intently at the lifeless body on the floor before looking up to Caroline still holding Eva.
He moved directly for Eva, his only concern. He gently kneeled on the bed looking at Eva's limp form.
"Is she....???," he swallowed hard. Fear gripped his heart. Not wanting to hear the worst.