~Seed of Doubt~

*****Warning~ this chapter has adult content read at your own risk******

*Two days later*

Alicia after returning from Bath, heard all the rumors of Weathertons Ball. She did not want to take it to chance in case the rumors were true, she needed Raynauds help.

Hooded eyes took in the questioning appearance of the woman before him.

She was a bit disheveled and flushed and breathing heavily as she stood before him. Anxious.

He had to admit that what some did for love was astounding but this woman was straight out a loon. What she proposed was devious but it would just as well work in his favor. Somehow.

"So m'lady you want Evangeline gone?" He leaned back in his chair flexing his fingers focusing on her and her unsteady glint in her eyes.

"How much clearer do you want me to say it? Take her out of my way," she hissed.

"I know, but how do you suppose I do that?" He smirked.

"Does not her father owe you, was she not suppose to be given to you to pay off his debt?" She questioned.

"Yes, indeed. That was the case. But, St. James paid off that debt," he leaned forward.

She stiffened. "What did you say?"

"Like you heard it, I handed over the notes to him," he grimaced a bit not wanting to go into detail of how.

"But," he continued. And as he said it she stood rapt with attention.

"I have one more card up my sleeve that I've yet played." He gave a wicked grin.

Now piqued with curiosity with this new development she stepped closer.

"And what is that if I may ask,?" She took in his gaze of triumph.

Leaning back he pulled open his desk drawer and pulled out a document. He scanned it over before letting her look at it.

Anxious eyes stepped forward and pulled it close. Swallowing hard with difficulty she read the content in disbelief and awe. Slowly she raised her shaky fingers to her throat. Peering over it she took him into her gaze.

"Do you know the validity of this document, do you realize what sits in your possession? How did you come upon it?" she asked nervously.

"I found it in a safe in her home," he said.

"You know you can not use it, she can never find out about this," she shook her head.

With a low chuckle he rose a brow."oh that is your only ticket to be rid of her. See I have already put my plan to use. So I intend to use it to my advantage, and with it I intend to have her as well," his wicked grin widened.

"So what is the plan? We need to work quickly," she began to pace.

"We need to separate them," he shrugged.

"How do we do that?" Irritation evident in her tone.

"Well m'lady you honestly need to work very hard on your skills in seduction for this all to work in our favor," he gave her a wide devious grin as she scowled at him.

"By planting a seed of doubt between them it will slowly sever what ever it is brewing between them," he looked at her.

He thought clearly on the matter as he narrowed his eyes at the crazed unstable woman that began to pace before him.

"You have not read the paper yet have you?" he watched her.

"No, why?" She seemed perplexed.

"Oh! I Think you should read it, maybe it will fuel your ambition to do what it takes to have him" he smiled.