Shawn mendes imagine

You and Shawn were hanging out today. You guys had been best friends for who knows how long. He was taking you to the park so you guys could talk. You were nervous to talk to him because you had liked him for almost 4 years now and you know he won't feel the same way, so you were nervous about hanging out.

He was going to pick you up at 6. It was already 4, so you had 2 hours to get ready. You went up to your room and got your towel to go take a shower.

30 minutes later you came out of the shower and started looking for your clothe. You picked out a maroon skater skirt, a black crop top and your black vans. You applied light make up and started doing your hair. You did curls on your hair.

By the time you were done it was 5:30. Shawn would come to pick you up in 30 minutes. You went down stairs, sat on your couch and went on Netflix. You started watching Orange is the new black.

You heard a knock on your door, so you got up and went to go open and you saw Shawn standing there with a flower in his hand. "Here you go. A beautiful flower for my beautiful best friend!" He smiled handing you the flower. "Thank you shawny!" You smiled and kissed his cheek.

You guys got to the park. You went to go sit in the swing and Shawn popped up behind you and started pushing you. You started to giggle until Shawn stopped. You turned around and you saw him standing with a serious face. "What's wrong Shawn?" You asked concerned. "Um, I have to show you something!" He said grabbing your hand and taking you to the the bench. "I'll be right back!" He said and went off to the car.

He came back with his guitar in his hand. He sat next to you on the bench and started playing his guitar. As soon as I heard him play the guitar I knew what song it was and it turned out to be my favorite song. He then started singing.

"You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down
You, you enchant me even when you're not around
If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down
I'm latching on, babe, now I know what I have found"

I had tears in my eyes. Shawns voice always made me smile. He's sang to me before but never with so much passion into it.

"I feel we're close enough
I wanna lock in your love
I think we're close enough
Could I lock in your love, baby?

Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you
Got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you

I'm so encaptured, got me wrapped up in your touch
Feel so enamored, hold me tight within your clutch
How do you do it? You got me losing every breath
What did you give me to make my heart bleed out my chest?"

You were crying at this moment. You we smiling so big at how much effort Shawn was putting into singing you this and you could be happier.

"I feel we're close enough
I wanna lock in your love
I think we're close enough
Could I lock in your love, baby?

I feel we're close enough
I wanna lock in your love
I think we're close enough
Could I lock in your love, baby?

Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you
Got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you

Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you
Got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you

I won't let go of you
I'm latching on to you
I won't let go of you
I won't let go, I won't let go
I won't let go, I won't let go"

When Shawn finished the song you smiled at him and hugged him like if you haven't seen him in ages. We you pulled away Shawn spoke up. "Look y/n, I've like you for so long now and I haven't been able to tell you because I was scared you didn't like me back. I finally built up the courage to tell you. Even if you didn't like me I wanted you to know that I love you and I have for so long. I was hoping you felt the same way but you probably don't." He said looking at you in the eye at first but the looked down. You picked his head back up and pecked him lips.

"Shawn, I've actually like you for 4 years. I thought you will never like me but I guess we both thought wrong." You said smiling big and staring into his eyes. "Well now that this is settles I have one question. Will you do me the honors of being my wonderful girlfriend?" He asked smiling. "I will love to be your girlfriend shawny!" You said smiling back and kissing him passionately.

"I love you y/n! I have for ages now!" He smiled.

"I love you more Shawn!" I said smiling back and kissing him once again.

I have been waiting for this day for almost 4 years and it finally happened. I couldn't be happier.