Ch. 1: Too Much Too Soon

~~~ALEKS POV~~~

Ugh! Why am I even here at the Alamo? I told the guys I didn't want to see TMNT. Yet, here I am. No thanks to Eddie and his constant whining, "Aleks let's get out of the house! Dude, you need a distraction to get over him! ESE GET YOUR BUTT TO THE CAR BEFORE I *shouts in Spanish*."

As usual, all the guys are recording and bickering over seating arrangements and food. I'm not in the mood for loud shouting and bickering.

We all stand in line for concessions while Eddie is bouncing like a little kid.

"Hey! Aren't you excited?!"

"Over what?" I grumble, "Some badly animated green globs?"

My best friend stops me, "Now Aleks, don't frown! Someone could be falling in love with your smile! Like this girl in front of us!"

I roll my eyes and look to where Eddie nods. Only once in my life have I been knocked breathless by someone. The first was the British boy I let get away. But now, it's twice.

I meet eyes with a girl standing outside one of the theatre rooms alone. She has golden locks of hair that flow down to her chest. She could pass as a Russian princess with her round face and brown pools of chocolate for eyes. The black long sleeve and skinny jeans accentuate her body. And her smile fills the empty void in my chest with warmth.

The mystery girl notices her friends and walks into the theatre. And the warmth goes away. My now colder-than-before body is being gawked at by all the guys. I guess after months of no social interaction, they're shocked.

"AWEEEEEEEEE!" Eddie fangirls. He's honestly so annoying, but I love him. "I told you coming was a good idea!"

James pipes up, "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!" And grabs the $40 worth of food and dashes to the theatre for TMNT. The same theatre SHE went in.

~~~TIME SKIP~~~

Luckily, or unfortunately, it depends on how you see it, I ended up sitting next to her, and we chatted through the ads. Her name is Dominika and she's currently in college for photography. She loves cats and has beautiful tattoos and piercings.

At the end of the movie, she says she'd like to hang out and get to know me better. AKA, she gave me the digits! Of course, all the guys, especially Eddie, are completely excited and in disbelief. I just don't know how I feel about this. I'm not ready to jump back into the dating game, let alone with someone as gorgeous as her.

~~~TIME SKIP~~~

Eddie and I are driving back to our apartment. Of course, he brings up Dominika.

"So, are you going to call her? Schedule a date?" He suggests with a sly grin.

I shoo him away, "Of course not! It's not even that big of a deal. Yeah, she's cool and all, but I'm not ready. It's only been a couple months."

"A couple months?! Man you gotta get back out there! I'll call her myself!"

Eddie reaches for my coat pocket where my phone is and I jerk away.

"Damn dude! Why are you so pressed on me moving on? Why do you help me so much? And don't just say it's because you're my best friend."

Eddie pauses over his thoughts, "Well, I don't know if either of us are ready for you to know this. You've had a lot of stuff today for you and telling you may make today too much too soon."

"JUST TELL ME!" I beg him as we pull up to our apartment complex.

"Okay, fine." My best friend turns off the car and looks me dead in the eye, stressed out. "I love Dexter. I've loved him since the day I met him. He's sending me mixed signals and I can't do anything until I'm positive you'll be okay."

I stare at him, incredulous. My two closest friends that I love in different ways love each other. Eddie wants to take my last reason to live, my last hope at happiness. I wouldn't ever kiss him again or hold him in my arms or show him how much he truly does love me.

I stumble out of the car towards our apartment. I need to get away from Eddie and this chaos. The memories start flooding in, I hate these panic attacks. The note, the betrayal, the goodbye, I relive all the moments again. Every emotion I feel again in an overwhelming way. These attacks have never been this bad. I can't think straight. I just see him leaving me for Eddie. It's too much for me.

And as I black out in front of our apartment, I see him running to me, even though I know it's not him.

~~~AUTHOR'S NOTE~~~

Crazy first chapter for a crazy book by crazy me!

A few things to notice: How Aleks addresses Dexter as "him" and how Aleks says "how much he truly DOES love me", present tense. Also, Eddie still treats Aleks like fine china after months of Dex leaving.

Did anyone notice the Teen Wolf reference? I just started watching last week and I'm halfway through season 3! Scott is baeeeeeeee

In the chapter photo, Aleks is having NONE of Eddie, it's hilarious xD

Yes, I realize only Dan and Seamus went to TMNT, yes Eddie is here, yes I'm throwing in Dominika. Deal with it, it makes the story better.

Panic attacks are real and this is how my panic attacks work. I get overwhelmed and I get flashbacks. It's literally terrifying. I never blacked out though. If you're going through something, please talk to someone. Even me, I'm an open person.

I wanted some ImmortalFox in IDTM, but it won't fit. So I'm bouncing around the idea of a separate story for my two favorite youtubers :3

I'm adding a QOTD and AOTD so you guys can learn about me better and maybe add one of those "ask the characters" thing.

QOTD: What do you spend your time doing?

AOTD: Well, writing has gone far back on the backburner (unfortunately) due to a lack of free time. I'm top 10 of my class of 500+ (AKA school takes most of my time), I run track and play basketball for my school and I'm on a traveling basketball team, I have a boyfriend of 7 months, I'm involved at my church, and I spend time with my friends and family.

I put a lot of effort into making this story great for you readers! If you could favorite and share this story so others can enjoy, that would make my day!

~Phoenix