Ch. 8: Aleks?

~~~DEX POV~~~

Finally, I'm finished editing that video! And it's... 5pm. That's... about 10am for Eddie. Maybe I can talk to him before I get dinner.

I close my equipment on my computer and turn on skype. Hopefully I don't get Eddie in trouble... no one at the office knows that we talk. It's almost like a forbidden love kind of thing.

Ah that familiar ring tone. The sign that I'm just a few short seconds to talking to my rock, my source of happiness. It's weird to think that at one point that was... No. I have to stop thinking about him if I'm every going to get over him.

Sometimes I feel like I'll never get over him, I've tried so hard the past couple months. I've been a no life, I've tried having a huge social life, I've tried dating other people, but nothing equates to him. Sure, we didn't go on many dates, and he cheated on me. But... I love him. And Eddie keeps trying to help me stop. But I don't think I ever will.

Eddie finally answers the call with his usual peppy grin. How can one guy be so happy? I don't think he gets laid...

"Hey! What's up with a call at this time of the day?" Eddie slips on some headphones.

"I dunno." I answer truthfully. "Just felt like it I guess."

"Okay, good. I wanted to talk to you anyways. I think now might be a good time for us to do the swap." Eddie tells me.

Wait, now? It has been a couple months. But... I just got settled back in! Now I have to move AGAIN! And I won't even get to see Eddie. But I'll have to see him everyday. This is something I realllllllyyyyyy wanted to avoid.

"Really?" I ask. "Are you SURE everyone is okay and ready? Even Aleks?"

Eddie reassures me, "Yes, I'm positive. He's actually got a girlfriend which I helped him get."

My heart sinks. A girlfriend? No... no one else can have him. Now hCh.ow can I go back? And see him happy, see pictures of them together, while I'm alone in my misery?

Eddie must have noticed my facial expression, "I might want to stay a little bit though once you get here. We still need to hang out."

Okay, that makes me feel better. Eddie can help me get readjusted and make sure everything at the office stays chill when I return. A lot of testosterone will be flooding through that building, and someone besides Jordan and Dan needs to stop any possible fighting.

Suddenly, someone busts into Eddie's room. I can't see since the angle of the computer doesn't show the door. But his voice gives it away. His semi-deep, sarcastic-toned, semi-Russian accented voice.

"EDDIE CARDONA JR.! I REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED ON THE RIDE HOME FROM TMNT AND WHAT YOU'VE BEEN PLOTTING AND I'M FRICKEN PISSED!" He yells. What Eddie's been plotting?

I hear footsteps that must be running to Eddie's office. Eddie's frozen in place and he briefly glances at me. He must notice how shocked I am to see the guy I love after so long, seeing him through skype instead of through a video. Eddie said he's kept an eye on he but he seems... uneasy. And not just from this moment. Even from a computer screen, I can see how and stressed tired he looks. His eyes are somewhat blood shot and have bags under them. Almost like he's been trouble sleeping and has been stuck on something. Maybe he's been stuck on me... if only.

"What have I been "plotting"?" Eddie questions. Yeah Eddie, what have you been plotting?

He responds with fury in his voice, "Gee, where do I start? Well, first you were nice and helped him when he was down. Then, you got him to move on and MOVE ACROSS THE OCEAN, COMPLETELY DESTROYING ME! And you have the nerve to help me get my sanity back!" He rants Eddie's scheme back to him.

"And, you decide to be the GREATEST PERSON EVER and hook me up with a girl who doesn't deserve my baggage and who I DEFINITELY do NOT deserve, JUST TO GET ME TO MOVE ON! Now that I've "moved on", YOU'RE GOING TO GET TOGETHER with DEXTER FREAKING MANNING because you FREAKING LOVE HIM! Which is UTTER BULL CRAP!!!" He seems to have finished yelling at Eddie. I thought they were practically brothers? Then again, siblings do fight.

There's a weird silence as no one knows what to say.

A voice, who I assume is Dan's, breaks the silence in a sad voice, "You finally called Dexter by his name."

~~~AUTHOR'S NOTE~~~

DOUBLE UPDATE BC THIS SCHOOL YEAR HAS BEEN GREAT BC MY TEACHERS ROCK AND I HAVE CLASSES WITH MY FRIENDS AND I WANT TO CHEER UP THOSE WHO AREN'T HAVING SUCH GREAT SCHOOL YEARS

DOUBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE