Chapter 3: Cookie Mission

"Van!" I heard my sister call me from outside my room.

     "What...?" I asked un-enthusiastically, and lowered my book down. My sister poked her head into the room, and gave me a wide smile.

     "Hey, mom, wants us to go to the store." She replied.

     I furrowed my eyebrows, and looked at her, "For what?"

     "Mom's going to make cookies, and she wants us to go and get the stiff for it," she answered.

     I rubbed my eyes, and sat up on my bed, "Why can't she do it?" I asked confused.

     Rose opened my door, she walked to me, and stood in front of me with her hands on her tiny hips, "Because she asked us to, duh!" she chuckled, "Come on. Let's go, and while we're out we can explore the town!" she exclaimed.

     I pulled my oversized boxy grey t-shirt down, and looked at Rose with protest, "There's nothing in this town I want to explore..."

     Rose pulled me up, and I groaned, "Stop being a baby, and come one," she replied as she pulled me down stairs, and out of the house.

     "Thanks girls!" I heard my mom shout as we left, and we started on our way towards the town. This town is pretty small; so the walk to the market wasn't long.

     We stepped into the small, but, country-esque market. It was quite quaint, and cute, "Come on, Van!" Rose said as she started to look through the aisle for the cookie ingredients.

     "What kind of cookies is she making?" I asked Rose. Because she looked confused looking for the stuff.

     "Uh, chocolate chip." She stated with a smile.

     "Why do I even ask," I chuckled, "Okay, well we need chocolate chips. Go look for them, and I'll get the other stuff, okay?" I instruct her.

    Rose stood up straight, and saluted me, "Yes, ma'am," she mocked.

     "Just go get the chocolate chip." I said, and shooed her away. Rose skipped down the aisle, with her brown pigtails bouncing and her white dress moving with her. I shake my head at her excitement, I look back at the shelves and start looking for the cookie ingredients.

     I looked through the shelves, and didn't see the four. So, I slowly walked, while eye the shelves. My train of thought was interrupted when something solid ran into me, I stumbled backwards and I knew it wouldn't be long till I ended up on the floor. But, to my surprise, a pair of strong arms caught me and pulled me back up.

     "Thank you, so much, I-" Standing in front of me was Eric, and he had the same smug look about him, "Oh, it's you."

     He cocked an eyebrow, "Sorry, am I not worthy enough?" he scoffed, "Next time I won't waste my energy," he added, as he walked away, and left me standing there.

     "That's not what I meant..."

     Eric stopped, and turned back around, "I knew what you meant," he replied, and turned to walk off again.

     Jesus. What is with this guy?

     "What's with you?" I asked, tired of his aloofness, and attitude, "I didn't ask you to catch me." I added, and arched an eyebrow at him.

     His face was expressionless, and he put his hands up in surrender, "Don't worry. It won't happen again."

     "Wait..." I groaned. He stopped and turned to look at me, "Do you know where the flour is?"

     "I'm getting some too. Follow me." He said, without another word, I followed him and he led me to the aisle.

     We stopped in front of a shelf full of flour, "Here," he said as he handed me a bag of flour, and took one for himself.

     "Thank you." I said to him, and gave him a small smile. Eric just shrugged his shoulders, and turned to walk away, "Wait. That's it?" I asked confused.

     Eric turned around, and shrugged his shoulders, "What?" he asked, and he scratched his head.

     "Aren't you going to say you're welcome?"

     "What if your not?" He asked smugly.

     "It's courteous." I explained.

     "You expect too much." He shook his head.

     I titled my head, and furrowed my brows, "What's that suppose to mean?"

     He chuckled, and shook his head, "Nothing," he said.

     "Do you have a problem with me?" I asked frustrated.

     He ran his thumb across his chin, and looked at me with a cocked eyebrow, "Don't flatter yourself."

     "I don't get it. One second your staring at me, and then all of a sudden your aloof and kind of a prick." I said truthfully.

     Eric shook his head, and smiled, "Geez, conceited much?"

     "Geez, rude much?" I shot back.

    "Yea, that one really hurt me," he mocked, and pretended to be hurt, "Why don't you go back to your playpen, baby?" he gestured for me to shoo.

     "I'm eighteen, and I'm not a baby."

     "Yea, you are." he disagreed with me.

     "I'll go back to my playpen, as soon as you go back to your pigpen." I replied cheekily, and Eric turned his head away, "How old are you?" I asked.

     "Too old for you." He replied with narrowed eyes.

     I looked at him, and cocked an eyebrow, "Try me?"

     Eric walked closer to me, and his body was inches from mine. I felt tingles shoot through my body, "Try twenty-one," he said plainly.

     I tilted my head to the side, and sighed, "Really?" I replied sarcastically, "You act like a ten-year old, and preferably a very moody ten-year old," I added.

     Eric didn't say anything, and he just nodded his head, "You're not going to say anything?"

     "You got your flour. You're welcome." He replied, and emphasized the welcome part.

     I scoffed at his reply, and said, "Yea, thanks..."

     Eric looked at me, and turned and walked away without another word. I threw the flour into my basket, and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

     "Van, I finally found the chocolate chip!" I heard Rose call me, "You wouldn't believe how hard it was to fin them," she added.

     "Uh-huh..."

     Rose looked at me as if I had three heads, and she tilted her head to the side, "Are you okay?" she asked concerned, "Who was that guy?"

     I turned towards Rose, I grabbed the chocolate chips from her and threw them into the basket, "No one," I replied.

----------------------------

Dear Readers,

     Sorry, if it's not that long, but, I wanted to give you guys something to read! Comment and vote!

QOTD: What do you think of Eric? Which story of mine would you guys say was your favorite?

Sincerely, Ana XD