Chapter 29: Define Love

I parked the truck across from Mad Max's, I stepped out onto the cobblestone and made my way into the roaring nightlife of Mad Max's.

     The club was filled with people partying their Saturday night away, and "Cherry Pie" by: Warrant was blasting from the speakers. I made my way through the crows of people near the door, and I made my way towards the stage area.

     As I got closer to the stage I noticed a familiar figure, he was giving a lap dance to a girl in her early twenties and from what I saw she had long blonde hair. It was Eric. He was topless, he was straddling the girl, and sensually grinding his body against hers. The blonde was getting a little touchy and started to run her hands down his chest.

     I made way over to a small round table near the stage, and sat down. I know this is what he does for extra cash, however, my heart sank at the sight. I leaned my arms on the table and watched the actions that were taking place right in front of my eyes.

     "Can I get you a drink?" A young dark-haired male asked me.

     I was broken out of my trance and looked up at the guy; it was a waiter, "No, thank you..." I trailed off while glancing another look over at Eric.

     The waiter nodded his head and left me alone.

     I finally found the courage to go up to him and ask him if we could talk. I slowly got up from my table, I made my way through the cheering crowd and I walked up behind Eric.

     I was about to tap him on the shoulder when the blonde girl grabbed Eric's face and pulled him in for a kiss. I froze and I dropped my hand back down to my side. Eric was taken by surprise by the kiss, and he hesitantly kissed the blonde back. He broke of the kiss, he as about to get off when the girl grabbed him by his belt loops, and pulled him back towards her, "I'm not done with you yet." She stated flirtatiously, "You're going to have to wait your turn." The blonde said as she looked over at me.

     I didn't know what to say and I felt as thought my heart had been stomped on. Eric turned around and his face dropped when he say me standing there. I was speechless and turned to walk out of the club, "Van, Wait!" I heard him call after me.

     I just ignored him and continued towards the door. Once, I made it outside I leaned against the brick wall, and took a deep breath. I ran my hands through my tousled hair and I tried to calm myself down. I heard the music in the club change and now "I Still Believe" by: Tim Capello was playing in the background.

     "Van..." I heard him say my name.

     I looked up to see Eric standing there, and he now had a white t-shirt on. He had the look of slight guilt in his eyes, "Leave me alone." I said firmly.

     "What's wrong?"

     "Nothing, I'm fine." I answered and turned to walk away.

     Eric grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. I had tears in my eyes, and I saw his face soften at the sight, "What do you want from me?" I asked frustrated.

     Eric furrowed his brows and his face contorted in confusion, "What're you talking about?" He asked.

     "Eric, what is this suppose to be?" I asked gesturing between us, "You act like a jerk, then your nice, then were sharing personal stuff and then this happens." I added.

     "What're you trying to say?"

     "I'm saying that this probably should have never happened, and we're just wasting our time." I said as I tried to  leave again.

      He grabbed my arm once more and turned me around, "Are you upset about what you saw?" He asked firmly.

     I yank my arm out of his grasp and I throw my arms up in exasperation, "What do you think!?"

     "Honestly, I don't know what to think anymore." He replied, "This is my job and you know that, and I'm sorry you saw that but it doesn't mean I enjoyed it."

     "You are the one who blew me off." He stated, "You didn't want to make this into anything, and now you're upset cause you saw me kissing another girl...?"

     "I told you this would be complicated."

     "What makes it so complicated?" He asked angrily.

     "What makes it complicated is love." I answered, "If you would have never said 'I love you' we wouldn't be in this situation." I added

     "Define love." He asked firmly.

      "I don't know If I can..."

     "But you can define us." He replied.

     "We don't have the same plans..." I lied. I don't even know what I wanted to do, and I think I was lying to myself. I was afraid.

     "FUCK THE PLANS!" Eric yelled, and I was taken aback by this, "Do you want this...?" He asked as looked me in the eyes.

     "I don't know if I want this, and I just don't know about anything anymore..."

     Eric shook his head in exasperation and ran his hands through his tousled hair, "Maybe, my dad was right. Maybe you are too young to know what you want." He stated, "Maybe, we should cut this off while we're ahead." He added.

     I looked at him hurt by his response, "You too...?" I asked in disbelief.

     Eric looked at me with guilt in his eyes, "I'm sorry..." He whispered.

     I looked up at him with hurt in my eyes and a tear falling down my cheek, "I'm sorry I fell in love with you..."

     "Are you...?" He asked.

     I looked up at him and shook my head slowly, "No..." I croaked out, and I looked into his eyes.

     "I love you..."

     I wiped at the tears falling down my cheek and shook my head, "No, no, no..." I cried.

     "Come with me..." He whispered and he gently caressed my face, "I'm leaving in a couple of days." He added.

     "I can't..."

     Eric looked down and I could tell he was hurt by my response, "If you want to go meet me at the church." He said.

     I bit my lips and held back more tears from coming, "I love you too..." I said as I looked up at his eyes, "But, I just can't." I said and turned and walked away, and I left a confused and hurt Eric standing there.

-----------------------------

Dear Readers,

    I bet you didn't see that coming...

     QOTD: What do you think about what happened?

Sincerely, Ana XD