Chapter 21: The Meadow

"Eric...?" I whispered as I made my through the grass near the lake.

     I gently pushed my tall grass away from me and I looked around to see if he was there. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pulled me down. I squealed while I was being pulled and then I saw Eric's face above mine. We just stared at each other for a second, then Eric gingerly moved a piece of hair out of my face and leaned in to kiss me on the lips.

     Eric pulled back from the kiss and he had a smirk on his face, "Scared?" He asked jokingly.

     I narrowed my eyes at him, "No, not at all." I stated.

     Eric chuckled, he moved off of me and sat next to me, "Sure." He replied with a chuckle, he pulled out a cigarette and he started to smoke it, and he laid back on the short grass and started to puff.

     I looked at this scene a little uneasy and somewhat disgusted at smell of smoke. I covered my nose and I looked down at Eric, "You smoke?" I asked curiously.

     Eric looked up at me, and removed the cigarette to let out a puff, "Ever since I was fifteen." Eric stated.

     "That's disgusting."

     Eric smirked and said, "It's a disgusting habit, but, a habit nevertheless." He replied. Eric looked up at me a little concerned and he put one arm behind his head, "Is it bothering you?" He added.

     I moved my eyes to his face and down his body. I bit my lip and I proceeded to straddle Eric, and I could see that he was surprised by my actions. He continued to puff and blow the smoke away from me, "You could find something more addictive than a cigarette..." I whispered.

     Eric cocked an eyebrow at me surprised by this statement, and I was even a little surprised myself, "Like...what?" Eric whispered back.

     I bit my lip gently and my eyes trialed all the way up to meet his eyes. I took the cigarette out of Eric's hand, I threw it on the ground and stepped on it till it was out. I looked back at Eric's face and he was looking back at me with lust.

     I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Like...me?" I said hesitantly.

     Eric furrowed his brows at me and gently started to caress my sides. I could feel myself on him and I knew he could too. I grabbed the hem of his shirt, I slowly started to move it up and I helped him take it off.

     I leaned down towards Eric and we engaged in a deep kiss. He ran his fingers through my back hair and down my back, "What's wrong?" I asked as I leaned back.

     "Nothing." He replied plainly, "I've got to go..." He added.

     I got off of him and stood up, "What's going on?"

     "I...um...I just have do something." He replied.

     "Did I do something?"

     "No."

     "Is it what I said at the church?" I asked, "Because I'm not sure about us?"

      Eric turned around and he looked slightly irritated, "God, Van, it's not always about you." He replied, "I just have things that I need to do. Things you probably wouldn't understand." He added.

     "What because I'm too young...?" I stated, "Right?"

      Eric looked at me speechless, "Van, I..."

     "Forget it." I said cutting him off, and walking back to my house.

     "Van!" I heard him call after me, but, I ignored it.

------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

     Ooh, things juts got real... I feel bad for Van because everyone thinks that's she's too young to understand things, and I think that it's even worse to hear from Eric.

     QOTD: Where do you think Van and Eric are at?

     AOTD: I think they're in place where they do like each other, but, no one has made the move to say that they like each other or even love each other. They've shared personal things and I feel that they have yet to share how they really feel. I think Van is hesitant because she doesn't know what she wants, and if she should be involved with Eric because he plans on leaving.

Sincerely, Ana XD