Chapter 24: The Morning After

I woke up to the sunlight streaming in from the window, and the space next to me empty. I gently ran my hands across the empty space, and thought about the events that took place last night. I pulled the sheets up to cover my naked body, I laid on my side and stared out of the window.

     I heard a knock at my door and I heard Rose's voice, "Van?" I heard her called me, "Van, Mom want's you downstairs for breakfast." She stated.

     I sighed and l ran my hands through my tousled hair, "I'm tired..." I trailed off.

     "Mom, cooked a big breakfast and she doesn't want any excuses." She explained, "Plus, Mom wants help in the garden, and then she wants you take me to the county fair." She added.

     "Why can't she take you?" I asked.

     Rose opened the door, I immediately sat up and covered myself even more with the blankets, "Whoops!" Rose said while turning her head away.

     "Rose!"

     "I'm sorry." She apologized, "Mom has something to do and then she'll meet us at the fair." She added and walked out closing the door behind her.

     I sighed and got up with the sheets falling down. I got up and took a shower. I could help but to think of Eric the whole time and remember the way he touched, and held me last night.

     After I got our of the shower I put on a pair of leggings and a boxy striped t-shirt. I left my hair down and I put on some combat boots.

     I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed some scrambled eggs from the frying pan, a couple of pieces of French toast and I poured myself some orange juice, "Well, good morning, Lavender!" My mother said cheerily, "How did you sleep?" My mother asked.

     I looked up from taking a bite of my French toast and I shrugged my shoulders, "It was fine." I answered.

     "It must've been a good sleep if you were naked..." Rose whispered to me with a chuckled.

     I looked over at her with narrowed eyes, and I nudged her with my elbow. She looked back at me with a 'what?' expression and looked back down at her plate, "Hey, did anyone noises coming from the roof last night?" My mother asked curiously.

     Shock ran up my spine and my head shot up, "It...must've been the rain." I stumbled to answer her.

     "But, I thought the ran had stopped around one..." My mother trailed off in confusion, "Eh, must've started up again." She concluded.

     Rose glanced up at me with an arched eyebrow and then took a bite her of scrambled eggs. I didn't look at her, I just kept my eyes on my plate and pretended like everything was normal.

     "I'm going to get started on the garden." My mother announced, "When you guys are done come out and help." She added.

     "Okay." Me and Rose said in unison.

     Before my mother walked out the back door, she stopped and turned back around, "Oh, hey, Van." My mother called me. I looked up at her and she said, "Don't forget at ten you're going to take your sister to the fair, and me and dad will catch up with you there." She added.

     I nodded my head and said, "Okay."

     I continued to eat my food, however, it was hard to when I felt Rose's eyes on me the whole time. I turned around towards her and I slumped my shoulders, "Will you stop looking at me like that." I said frustratingly.

     "Looking at you like what?" She asked sarcastically.

     "Like I did something."

     "Did you?" She retorted.

     I rolled my eyes and sighed, "No." I stated.

     "Hmm..." She said, "So, how did Eric sleep?" She added sneakily.

     "He slept fine." I answered without thinking.

     My eyes grew wide and Rose raised her brows at my quick answer, "Hmm, good to know." She chuckled.

     "You did that on purpose." I accused her.

     "Did what?" She asked innocently.

     I narrowed my eyes at her, and then I sighed, "How did you know he was here?" I asked.

     Rose shrugged her shoulders, "I heard you guys talking." She answered.

     "Weren't you suppose to be asleep?"

     "Well, I couldn't and I was going downstairs for a snack when I heard you guys talking..."

     I put my hands on my face and rested my elbows on the table, "Oh, geez..." I said in exasperation.

     "Don't worry I didn't eavesdrop." She assured me, "So, you guys did it?" She asked with a smirk.

     I gave her a look and nudged her, "Just eat you breakfast." I instructed her. Rose shrugged her shoulder and went back to eating.

-------------------------

Dear Readers,

     Sorry, if this chapter isn't that interesting. I promise that the others ones will be. Comment and vote!

     QOTD: Would you rather have Corey Haim alive but he couldn't verbally talk to you, or would you rather him be in heaven and be able to communicate with him?

     AOTD: I think I'd rather him be in heaven. So, he's peaceful rather than being in constant pain, and not being around temptation any longer. I just rather that he rest in peace than be selfish.

Sincerely, Ana XD