Chapter 27: So, What If It Is?

I was in the truck on my way home, however, I decided to take a detour and go up to the Hansen's farm. I wanted to see Eric again, and I don't know talk about things. I wasn't really sure how things are between us. Everything wouldn't be this complicated if we hadn't gotten physically close and if we would have never brought feelings into this. But, it happened and my plan to stay low-key was ruined.

     I finally made it to the farm and looked out the window to see if Eric was outside. I didn't see him and decided to go up to the door. I got out of the truck, I went up the porch steps and knocked on the door.

     The door opened but it wasn't Eric it was Mr. Hansen, and he seemed confused as to why I was there, "Oh, Hi, Lavender." He said in confusion, "It's Saturday. Your father's not here." He added.

     "I know." I replied, "I'm here to see Eric." I added.

     Mr. Hansen's eyes went form confusion to slight frustration, "Eric's not here." He said somewhat hostile.

     "Do you know where he is?" I asked.

     "Look, I don't know what's going on between you two, but, it needs to stop." He stated, and I was taken aback by this, "Eric doesn't need any distractions. He needs to focus on being here and working on the farm." He added.

     "I don't want trouble." I assured him.

     "Then go away."

     I ran my hands through my tousled hair, and I sighed in exasperation, "You can't control him. He's twenty-one and he needs to go on with his life." I countered back rationally.

     "Who are you to tell me what to do with my son." He asked angrily, "I don't need some eighteen year old telling me what to do."

    "I'm not telling you what to do." I shot back, "Your son has dreams and he wants to explore the world. Can't you understand that?"

    "He doesn't need dreams when what he needs to do is focus, and I'll be damned if I let you mess that up." He firmly and while pointing a finger at me.

     "Listen, I know your still upset over you wife's death, however, that doesn't mean that you have to hold Eric back just because you don't want to be alone." I shot back, "She had dreams for him and I'm sure she would want you to understand that." I added truthfully.

     Mr. Hansen was speechless for a second and then his jaw tightened, "Don't you dare talk to me about my wife." He hissed, "You didn't know her." He added through gritted teeth.

     "You're right I didn't." I agreed with him, "But, this isn't about me. This is about you and your doubts."

     "Don' t tell me what you think my problem is." He shot back rudely.

     "I don't think I know."

     Mr. Hansen sighed and narrowed his eyes at me, "Don't think that whatever is between you and Eric is love." He stated.

     "So, what if it is?" I said in exasperation, "What matters is that Eric needs to branch out, and you're being selfish."

     "You're too young to know what love is." He hissed.

     "I'm too young?" I said in surprise, "You're too stubborn to see that your son is calling our for you."

     "I want you off my property." He stated firmly.

     I looked at him in exasperation and ran my hands down my face, "You're making him resent you." I said and walked down the porch steps. I stopped and turned back around towards him, "He plans on leaving soon..." I added and then I got into my truck.

     I looked out the truck window, I saw Mr. Hansen standing, he was looking down and it looked like he was contemplating something. I looked away and drove away.

------------------------

Dear Readers,

     Ooh, drama... The nest couple of chapters will get very interesting. Todd is getting very hostile and he needs to chill. Did you guys catch the part where Van said "So what if it is?" I think she's starting to realize she loves him more than she thinks.

     Love it's such a powerful thing... Lol.

     QOTD: What do you think of what just happened?

Sincerely, Ana XD