Chapter 14: The Jacket

I finally made it to my house and I made my way towards the stairs, "Lavender?" My mother called. She made her way to the stairs near the foyer, she stopped and furrowed her brows at me, "What are you doing here so soon? Where's you father?" She asked concerned.

     I stopped at the second step, I turned my around and face her, "He's still at the farm." I stated.

     "How do you get home?" 'She asked curiously.

     "I walked." I replied plainly.

     My mother looked at me like I was crazy, and her eyes widened, "You walked? Why?" She continued to ask questions.

     I was too tired and angry to be asked a bunch of questions, "Yes, mother, I walked." I shot back.

     "Lavender Willow Morrison." My mother said taken aback by my hostility.

     I sighed and looked at her with apologetic eyes, "I'm sorry. I'm just tired..."

     My mother sighed too and looked at me with sympathetic eyes, "I understand. Is ther something wrong, sweetheart?" My mother asked.

     I felt a knot in my throat, "No." I lied.

     My mother tilted her head at me, and gently caressed my arm, "Are you sure?" My mother asked for reassurance.

     "Yea." I sighed.

     "Okay."

     "I'm going to go and rest..." I told her.

     My mother nodded her head, I made my way upstairs and up to my room. I plopped down on my bed and through were racing through my head. I laid down on my side and put my right hand under my pillow. I was so mad at Eric and his father. I hated it when people said I was too young. What does that mean? Yes, I'm young and yes I may be inexperienced at some things, however, that doesn't mean that I'm stupid and should be treated like a kid.

--------------------------------

     Five hours later...

     I was awaken by the sound of my door opening, I saw my mother turn on the light and look at me, "Sorry, I'm just coming to get your laundry." She stated. Before she grabbed my laundry basket she asked, "Are you feeling better?"

     I sat up groggily and I rubbed my eyes, "What time is it?" I asked.

     "It's eight o'clock at night. Why?"

     I looked around my room confused, and then I looked back at her, "I've been asleep for five hours?"

     My mother nodded her head, "Yup." She confirmed, "I came in to check on you, and you were sleeping." She added.

     My mother came over to the bed and sat right next to me, "You check on me?" I asked surprised.

     My mother smiled at me, "Of course I do. I wanted to make sure you were okay." She said as she patted my hand, "Well, I've got a lot of work to do." She added as she walked over to my basket.

     I chuckled and my mother gave me a smile, "Thank you, Mom." I said sincerely.

     "No, problem, baby."

      My mother bent down to grab the basket, however, she stopped and looked at me, "What is it?" I asked.

     My mother picked up a jacket and showed it to me, "Is this your jacket?" She asked.

     My eyes widened when I remembered that I still had Eric's jacket, I got up annd took the jacket, "Oh, um, this is Eric's actually..." I replied.

     "Honey, why is his jacket in your room?" She asked curiously.

     "He gave to me the day we had that BBQ, I was cold and so he gave it to me." I replied, "I just forgot to return it." I added quickly.

      My mother nodded her head and smiled, "Awe, that was nice of him." She said, "He's a nice boy."

     I looked down at the jacket and plainly said, "Yea."

     My mother smiled at me and left with my laundry basket. I stood there with the jacket in my hands, I could smell Eric's faint cologne on it and I scrunched the jacket in my fists.

     Then I had the greatest idea...

-----------------------

Dear Readers,

     Poor Lavender... What do you think she's going to do?

Sincerely, Ana XD