Chapter 22: Kiss My Pain Away...

Later that day...

It was midnight and I as trying to sleep while listening to the rain hit the roof, and watching from my bed as the rain streamed down the window. I pulled my covers up to my chin and thought about what happened earlier with Eric. I don't know how things are going to play out with Eric and if he regrets ever even getting involved with me. I'm not sure about anything anymore.

Suddenly, I heard something tapping on my window and I got up to investigate. When I got closer I saw Eric kneeling on my roof at my window, and he was soaking wet. His brown hair was drenched and water was streaming down his face.

I stood there looking at him and he was looking back at me with a bereft look on his face. I put my hand on the window lock, and I unlocked while we silently looked at each other. I pulled up the window, he stepped through and he stood in front of me while water pooled at his feet.

I looked at him somewhat confused and sympathetically, "What're you doing here...?" I asked hesitantly.

"I had to get out..." He whispered.

I crossed my arms over my chest and observed Eric's current state, "Get out of what?"

"My father was drinking and going off on me." He replied hesitantly, "Do you want me to leave...?" He added.

I was silent for a second and gently shook my head, "It's fine." I said plainly, "Come on, let's dry you off."

I stretched my hand out to him and he took it, and I led him to my bathroom. I let go of his hand and he sat on my bathroom counter. I turned on the light and the first thing I noticed was a small cut above his eyebrow, "Must have been bad." I stated.

Eric grabbed the edge of the bathroom counter on either side of his legs, and he shrugged his shoulders, "This happens sometimes..." He replied, "It's the anniversary of my mother's death..." He added as he hesitantly looked up at me.

I looked at him sympathetically, "Why does he take it out on you?" I asked curiously.

Eric is silent for a second and then he said, "He feels like I've been distracted..."

I furrowed my brows at him, "By what?"

Eric looked up at me and it's clear to me that it was me, and walk over to the shelf to get the first aid kit, however, Eric gently grabbed my arm and I turn to face him, "I'm sorry." He said.

"About what?" I stated.

"About earlier..."

I shrugged my shoulders, "It doesn't matter..." I replied.

There was silence as I grabbed the first aid kit, I grabbed an alcohol pad and I started to dab the cut above his eyebrow. Eric slightly hissed at the burning of the alcohol against his cut and I could feel his eyes on me as I cleaned it. When I was done I put a small Band-aid on him, "Done..." I told Eric.

"Thanks..."

"You should probably change out of those clothes..." I suggested.

I left the room for a second and returned with the clothes I had borrowed from him, and placed them on the toilet seat cover, "These are yours." I said to him.

Eric grabbed the hem of his black t-shirt and pulled it over his head revealing his slightly toned chest. Eric threw the shirt on the ground and we looked at each other, "I'll leave you to change..." I said and turned to walk out of the bathroom door.

Eric gently grabbed my arm, he turned me to him and he pulled me between his legs. He grabbed my chin, he lifted it to his lips and he closed the space between us. The kiss was slow at first and then it became deeper. I caressed my fingers against his bare back and he put his hands on either side of my face.

The Eric broke of the kiss, he nuzzled his head in between the crook of my neck, and wrapped his arms around my waist. I untangled myself from him and said, "I'll be in my room..." I said and left him to get dressed.

A couple of minutes later...

He came in dressed in dry clothes and he hair was still damp. He crawled into the bed next to me and he pulled some of the covers over him. We were on opposite sides and it was silent. I didn't know what to do or say.

I turned towards him and his back was facing me. I moved closer to him and I nudged him. He turned around to face me, I knelt on my knees and then I straddled him. We sat there in silence and we were just looking at each other. Eric pulled me down to him and we locked lips.

I felt his hands travel down to my sides, "Kiss my pain away..." He whispered and I nodded at his request.

-----------------------

Dear Readers,

Tell me what you guys think!

QOTD: River Phoenix fan-fiction or Bradley Gregg? What do you think about Van and Eric's relationship?

Sincerely, Ana XD