Chapter 28

Hey guys!!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow!! Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. I'm happy to know that you stayed and believed in me and that makes me want to write even harder. So here is my second attempt. I know it might be a little short, but I'm still getting into the hang of things.

Let me know how it goes.

Lots and Lots of love

Xoxox

Tee

+++++++++++++

"I've been watching for the signs

Took a trip to clear my mind, oh

Now I'm even more lost

You're still so fine

All mine...

All mine..."

+++++

Chapter 28

The music was blaring, drinks were being poured. Everybody was happy, laughing, talking and being extremely obnoxious and drunk. They let go so effortlessly. We were sitting in an open area, all the teenagers were around. Celebrating the end of high school. The end of an era that most people thrived at and the beginning of a journey to find yourself. At least that's what Asher and Dominic were preaching. And everybody was just lapping it up.

No pun intended.

I was happy that school was over. Definitely nervous to see what the future had in store for me. I never thought I'd ever be thinking about anything along those lines.

It had been a few months since I was kidnapped, I still had nightmares ever so often but I was getting over it. I was looking out for myself, don't get me wrong, I'm not a smiling hippie on happy pills or anything.

But I was getting better.

He made me better.

I smiled to myself, like I had some sort of secret that was just mine.

I was enjoying watching everybody have fun, I wasn't even bitter about it anymore.

That might have something to do with what was in the cup I held in my hand. Normally I wouldn't take any substance that would alter my clarity, but I was constantly remembering the effects the drug had on me when I first took it, that euphoric feeling was something that I seemed to be seeking out.

I took another sip of the brown liquid, feeling the burn travel down my throat, warming my insides.

I closed my eyes, almost savoring the taste.

"Whoa, slow down." Dominic said to me as I took another big gulp. I was already on my third cup.

I shrugged my shoulders at him and moved my shoulders to the beat, effortlessly loosing up.

"Carter is going to be pissed if you get wasted." He said, suddenly serious.

I rolled my eyes at him, since when was he the serious one anyway, "I thought we came here to have fun?" I teased him, "When did you become so uptight."

His face was completely mortified at my tort, I must have hit the right spot. "I will show you uptight." He said, determined, as he grabbed my hand and pulled me up, leading me to the make shift bar.

"Shots!" he yelled, whilst people around us cheered. He took the bottle out and poured some in tot glasses. I jumped excitedly with anticipation.

Finally!