Chapter 14

Surprise!!!!! I know its short, nonetheless it’s something. It kind of sets the tone for the next long chapter! I cannot reply to everybody’s comments but I read them all!!!! They are amazing and motivates me to write more!!!!

**PICTURE OF ALPHA CARTER ON THE SIDE***

**HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WHOEVER HAS A BIRTHDAY TODAY**

****

“Don’t want to reach for me do you

I mean nothing to you

The little things give you away”

Chapter 14

Heat.

What the hell did that mean? General knowledge was telling me that normal wolfs, you know the ones that don’t turn into humans, went on heat. In other words mating, like mass breeding season. Where I trotted around with a high temperature, my scent driving males crazy making them have some undeniable urge to pounce on me.

My body was ready to mate with a soul mate that didn’t want me.

Was I missing something?

“Heat?” I questioned, Alpha Carter ran his hand through his hair. It looked so soft, I wanted to touch it, no I wanted to do more than just touch it, I wanted to run my hand threw it. Why did he look so conflicted?

Focus Sage.

Thirty minutes until my birthday.

“You don’t know anything about it, do you?” Slade questioned.

I wasn’t going to lie so I shook my head. What did I really know about werewolves, my kind? When my father kept all that away from me as some sort of punishment. I didn’t deserve to know about pack life, I wasn’t allowed to embrace my heritage.

Nothing.

Alpha Carter let out a deep sigh, he was still standing close to me so I felt his breath on me. Minty.  He looked at the clock that now seemed mimic a ticking time bomb.

Bang! I am on heat! Does it happen like that, at the snap of my finger I’ll be on heat. Poof! And have to reproduce, was this natures way of sticking it to me?

Slade looked at the clock as well, “we need to get you home.” He stated, grabbing for my arm but I let out a low growl before he could come into contact with me.

Why was he touching me?

He snapped his hand back as if he had just gotten burnt or something, looking at me shocked.

“Okay so that’s not happening.” He said sarcastically as I glared at him.