Dangerous

The man sighed and relaxed when he heard me say what I am.

"And what is your problem?" He asked, rubbing his chin.

I took a deep breath before lifting up my shirt and he gasped so loud, I had to get myself to remain calm.

"I have to call Helen." He said in a rushed tone.

"Who's that?" I asked, putting my shirt back down.

"My wife. You have a very serious disease. You must leave town." He shook his head frantically.

Cam ran over to me to hear all the commotion.

"What's going on?" He asked, looking at me and then the older man.

"I don't know. Why must I leave town?" I cried.

"No one can know what you're and that fur will only continue to grow." He said the words I didn't want to hear.

The only thing that went through my body was fear. Fear rippled through me entirely and I suddenly felt every moment of my life flash before me. And then everything was black.

I flashed my eyes open to find myself on my cot in my small room with my pack crowded around me. No one took their focus off of me. I felt myself sweating. I looked down at my stomach only to see the fur coming out from underneath my shirt. I screamed in horror. My mother ran her cool hand down my forehead with a washcloth.

"What's happening?" I asked, terrified of the answer.

London shared a worried glance with my mother and I was scared to hear what she had to say.

"Skyler..." She began.

"You're turning into full werewolf and we have to leave before people notice." London spoke very carefully. I could see it hurt her to say every word.

"B-b-but I'll never be human again?" I stuttered, thinking of the new life I would have.

"No." The elder from down the street, walked into my room with every look of hope on his face. In came beside him, his wife Helen, the librarian.

"The only way you can become half human, half werewolf is if you imprint on a human. Your case is rare but that's the only solution." He spoke in a serious tone.

"So I have like a few days to find my soul-mate?" I asked, sitting up. He has to be crazy.

"Yes." He shook his head.

"Well let's go then." I spoke with confidence and stared him dead in the eye.

~~~~~

It only took us one day to pack up the house and put it on the market. A young native family bought it the day we put it up. We sold it for $50,000. It was like a shack, but it made do. My pack had to do the same. They are dedicating their lives for me. I'm dangerous. We had to tell the school that we left for personal reasons. We left the whole town buzzing.

My mom, aunts and uncles are taking a moving truck to our new home Olympia, Washington. Adios Montana, it's been great. My pack and I are running there in our wolf forms. I was told to keep in touch with the elderly man, Justin.

We ran with great speed through the trees and we went through Canada for a shortcut. We were there a day later. There was a code to get inside our home instead of a key. This house is much bigger than our old home in Montana. The one in Montana was about 925 square feet, this one is 1500 square feet. When Camden opened it up, our jaws just about hit the floor. We awed in amazement. The architecture was incredible, wooden floors, granite counters even a stone fireplace in the living room. It's so beautiful, how could this be our new home? It looks like a vacation home.

We immediately ran around the house to claim bedrooms. I went pass the kitchen and claimed the bedroom with only one twin sized bed. And this time its a bed, not a cot. I bounced onto it lightly and yelled "I claim this room." Cam, Hunter and Gabe came running in only to curse when they saw that I claimed an individual room. They then split up, nearly knocking each other over to find the next available room. Cam won the next one so that meant Hunter and Gabe would be sharing a room.

"C'mon dude, I'm the oldest." Hunter whined, trying to get Cam to share the room with Gabe.

"What the hell dude, do I smell?" Gabe laughed at his own little joke.

"Actually... Skyler should have to share the room with Gabe, she's the youngest." Hunter snickered.

"But she's the only girl, besides mom." Cam defended me. I've always been closest to Camden. We are only one year apart in age and he's had my back since day one.

"Whatever, stupid mutts." He muttered under his breath. He's the stupid one, he's a freaking mutt like we are!

I lounged down onto my cold hard bed and I started to question everything. Why me? Why must I imprint on a human? Why should I  have to imprint? I've always dreamed of the boy doing it on me. Now my time is limited. What if my soul-mate is in Montana? All these thoughts made me want to combust into nothing. The fur was starting to grow further down my stomach, towards my legs as I was just sitting here thinking. I slowly shut my eyes in hope for my mind to disappear and everything go smoothly in the future.

When I awoke, Hunter was in the doorway.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked, sort of confused.

"Not long." He laughed, uncrossing his arms from his chest.

"Well...what do you want?" I asked, really not in the mood for the fight for my room.

"I was just thinking." He wasn't getting to the point and that was ticking me off.

"Just spit it out!" I yelled, not realizing how pushy I was becoming.

"No." He gave me a look of trouble. He was up to no good and I'm not going to have it.

"CAM!" I yelled. Hunter started to fidget like he was in the principal's office for trashing the hallways.

He slid in, "What's up little sis?"

"What is Hunter hiding?" I stood up this time incase I had to defend myself.

"Dude.. please don't." Hunter begged Cam. Cam knows and I bet Gabe knows.

Cam looked over at me with worried, sad eyes like he wish he could tell me but he just can't. Gabriel came over to see what was going on.

"Gabe, do you know what is going on that the both of them will not tell me?" I pointed to my pathetic brothers.

Gabe quickly exchanged looks with Cam and then Hunter. Hunter nodded his head like they were having a silent conversation. I became furious. So furious, I could phase here right in front of them. My body started to shake and my face went red.

"GET. BACK. ALL OF YOU." I growled in between every word.

"Skyler, it's for your own good." Cam put his hands in between us as a safety barrier.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I stomped my foot like a three year old.

"It'll hurt you." Gabe spoke. His eyes held remorse.

Hunter didn't say a word, instead who stood there with an evil grin like he just won a million dollars or something. I'm the target, I know I am.