House of Nobility

"Welcome back home Lady Misaka.." Rows of women in servant's kimonos bowed as Mikoto was led through a massive stone courtyard by her gaurds.

Mikoto was beginning to see a pattern. It happened on Earth, it happened on Nebulosos, and it was happening here. Everywhere she went, she seemed to have sort of connectiong to nobility or royalty, and frankly, it scared Mikoto. Even back before she had known anything about magic, The Misaka family had been really wealthy and well known, with Mikoto being the best student in the most prestigious all girls middle school in the entire world.

And when she considered things, she was also currently the Guild Master of the most well known and famous guild in the entire world. So much political power at her fingertips, it was unnerving. She didn't even have any experience in politics. When she was the Lance Maiden, most of her time was spent being  guarded in her chambers, or being wielded by Supremos in Lance form.

The large house Mikoto was currently about to enter, was massive in any case, looking so traditional, that Mikoto actually for a minute, believed she had gone back in time instead of having gone to a different dimension.

However, it was who she saw next that brought Mikoto back to reality.. and shocked her so deeply, she really did wonder if she was in Edolas.

"Lady Misaka!! Thank goodness!!!" Kuroko Shirai stood at the entrance into the house.. she was dressed in a purple ninja's outfit similar to Mikoto, only she wore a large hood and a smaller silver color forehead protector. A knife was sheathed at her side.

"K-KUROKO!?" Mikoto stammered. "B-But!! That can't be!!"

"Oh but it is M'Lady!!" Kuroko leapt into Mikoto and hugged her. "Oh!! How could you M'Lady!? Worrying me like that! I have assigned to protect you since childbirth!! And of all the times you chose to run off! Why did you have to choose a time when Assassins were after your very life!? Oh M'Lady!"

"Th-there's something wrong here!" Mikoto stammered.

"AND OH M'LADY!!! NEXT TIME YOU CHOOSE TO RUN OFF!!" Kuroko exclaimed, her eyes turning to hearts. "TAKE ME WITH YOU SO WE MIGHT ELOPE!!!"

Mikoto frowned. "Well... you're still the same Kuroko more or less."

"Anyways, you know how fragile your condition is." said Ninja Kuroko. "Please don't run off like that and scare us again Lady Misaka!"

"Heheh.." Mikoto began to chuckle.

"Hmm?" Kuroko blinked with slight confusion. "What is the matter M'Lady? Is there something you find amusing?"

"It's just odd not hearing you call me your Sissy.."

(In a Japanese translation for this book, Ninja Kuroko would be calling Mikoto: Misaka-Sama, while Esper Kuroko would call Mikoto: Onee-Sama.)

"What an odd nickname!!" said Kuroko. "M'Lady! You have quite the odd taste in honorifics!! Anyways, we need to get you ready! The Ninja from the Hidden Leaf are here to escort you until the assassins are taken care of, and you are supposed to meet with the honorable Saten clan today for tea!"

"Pfffffttt" Mikoto covered her mouth, trying to resist the urge to laugh at the words 'Saten Clan.' She imagined Ruiko Saten would be laughing her socks off at the concept.

"And might I say M'Lady." said Kuroko as she took Mikoto by the wrist and led her into the house. "That is quite a wonderful outfit you've found yourself. Of course, the doctor said your ninjutsu would never excel because of your health.. but it's good to know you've taken interest in physically healthy activity.. your tutors will be pleased."

"Er.. right." said Mikoto. "Erm.. Kuroko?"

"Yes M'Lady?"

"When did you last see me today?"