EIGHT

After the whole situation with Tracy Stewart, a girl who was believed to brutally murder her own dad and mortally wound two officers, Ronnie had made Stiles take her home

That night she couldn't sleep. Not that she was able to sleep for the past two years but the previous night had been different. The girl stayed up almost all night thinking of the bad that was happening again. She knew that someday the tables would turn and things would either start to get really good or really bad, and knowing the town she lived in, she vouched for bad. She couldn't help but think what terrors would be unleashed this time, who would cause the terror. Who's fatality was in store for them.

The lack of sleep had Ronnie ten times grouchier than usual. That's why the morning after, she almost punched her twin when he walked into her room to wake her up for school.

With no apology to be said, the two had gone to school to meet up with their usual circle of friends, including a guy who Ronnie questioned herself why he was even there. That guy being Mason Hewitt.

Ronnie practically burned holes into the innocent boy, looks in which he was too busy being excited to worry about, as she situated herself on the opposite side of him, next to her very own baby beta, Liam Dunbar.

"Tracy just wasn't having trouble sleeping. It was a real disorder, it was night terrors," Lydia informed her friends. Ronnie never would've guessed what possessed the girl to kill her own father but she was guessing something or someone had provoked her and she lost control. It had been the only explainable reason.

"Well, now she's the night terror, especially since no one could find her," Stiles commented, the red haired girl agreeing with him. It wasn't long before they found another dead or severely injured body somewhere in Beacon Hills, Tracy being the cause.

"Okay, I know we're all tired and miserable," the true alpha started off. Ronnie had sure been miserable and tired, not because of Tracy - she knew they'd find her as long as they had Scott - but because she hadn't gotten a wink of sleep the previous night.

"Except him," Ronnie pointed at the not so sympathetic boy, who had been grinning the whole time as if he had just won the lottery.

"Oh sorry," the boy jumped in surprise, the girl talking to him snapping him out of his world. He rested his elbow on the hood of Stiles' jeep, the palm of his hand on his head, "this is all just mind-blowing."

He turned to Kira, "You're a kitsune. I don't even know what that is!"

Ronnie snorted at how amazed the boy was but, then again, she had, too, though everything was, in Mason's words, mind blowing when she stepped into the supernatural world but now, not so much.

Kira had a small, sheepish smile plastered across her face as she awkwardly responded to the boy, "i'm still learning."

"Liam we said you could tell him, not invite him to the inner circle," Stiles scolded the beta, obviously annoyed at him, as he looked down, sheepishly.