FOURTEEN

"You know staring down at most of your classmates can be considered creepy on so many levels

"You know staring down at most of your classmates can be considered creepy on so many levels." Ronnie McCall uttered to her werewolf brother as she plopped her elbows on the railing, imitating the true alpha's position.

After the near-death experience the previous night, Theo Raeken had drove the two girls home. It wasn't like the girl got a wink of sleep. She had been thinking of Malia's discovery the whole night. The guiltiness had been eating Malia up since that night and Ronnie knew that, but finding out it might've not been her to cause the accident. It brought up questions. The were coyote made her friend promise not to say a word about it until she could figure out the truth. Reluctantly, she agreed but it wasn't as if she had much of a choice and lying wasn't a choice if it wasn't obvious.

That night her brother had also come home late only to tell his sister about what took its place at Eichen House and the dread doctors. He told her how him and his girlfriend hadn't talked to Vallack due to the mountain ash and how Kira had lost control. Of course, she comforted him like always but in her eye's that was only a one sided thing because she can't recall it being the other way around. Scott McCall also didn't fail to mention the I love you's that were said that night. That triggered something for her because of that, there was something she wanted to keep in the back of her mind that couldn't stay back.

Theo Raeken had been running through her mind. Whatever it was that happened that night between them obviously surfaced the growing feelings she was beginning to have for him. All night she had been thinking about the small crush she developed for the werwolf so she did the more obvious thing she could've done: she ignored him. She hadn't talked to him, or look at him - well, besides the occasional glances but they do sit together in class - in any way, and that was a new record for her. Usually, they would've had a small talk as per usual but she kept that from occurring, also.

"I'm just thinking." He plainly stated, not looking up at his sister.

"If you're thinking of what happened last night, don't." She directed her gaze at the side of Scott's face. "You know it wasn't Kira's fault. Remember when you almost lost control of your werewolf abilities in junior year?"

"I know." He couldn't help but sigh. "But I could've done something."

"You couldn't have done anything." She too sighed when she realized the blank expression drawn on her brother's face."Look, Scott. There will be times where there will be nothing you can do. Last night was one of those times, okay? Beacon Hills is the main attraction for tragedies and quite frankly, something like this was bound to happen, sooner or later."

Scott gave her a wary smile, silently agreeing with her - though there was a small part of him that wouldn't let it go - before changing the subject, "So where were you last night?"

She tensed up, looking down at the rushing students. She knew if she told him about her whereabouts, she's have to tell him about their discovery because if it wasn't clear enough, Scott was a werewolf and he could tell if she was lying. Plus, she had a tell. She would always fidget with her hands when she wasn't telling the truth. It was something he picked up due to her being his sister and all the years they have been living together.