TWENTY

Scott Mccall stood at the opposite side of the metal table that belonged to the Animal Clinic as he played with the white inhaler in his hand in gloom

Scott Mccall stood at the opposite side of the metal table that belonged to the Animal Clinic as he played with the white inhaler in his hand in gloom. He couldn't believe how such a small thing could impact his life greatly. Life in the supernatural world cured all your thoughts of normal away, not that having asthma again was even normal, but it was as normal as he can get – as close to being human he can get. Being diagnosed with the same condition that landed him in the hospital multiple times wasn't something that had ever crossed his mind ever again after becoming a creature of the night, so you could believe his astonishment to hold the device in his hands once again.

"My asthma's back," Scott spoke, tiredness and anxiety clear in his voice. It hadn't become a reality until he finally said those words, more to himself than to anyone. Almost as if he was trying to convince himself through all that's happening to him and his friends. "I don't know how but it's back just as bad as it used to be. So now ai keep my inhaler with me all the time. Just how I used to."

"It's been five days," he continued, gloomily, "We haven't seen any new chimeras or we haven't seen the dread doctors."

"We all go to school," the true alpha looked down, many thoughts running through his head as he slowly spoke, "Pretending that nothings' happened. But everyone seems to know what happened. You just walk down the halls and no one's smiling. No one's laughing. I get the feeling that they can sense that something's coming. They just don't know when it is or how bad it's going to be. And every time I feel like I should do something about it, I'm reaching for my inhaler like I'm going to take a hit of it and come up with some brilliant solution on how to save everyone."

"But I don't know what to do. I don't think anyone does."

"And maybe that's why no one is really talking to each other," Scott concluded, "Sometimes we don't even notice each other. I think some of us are okay with that. Because not talking makes it easier to keep secrets."

"I don't really know if anyone's lying about things. Maybe it's more like lies of omission. Maybe the worst lie's to Stilinski because know one has told his about Parrish yet. Then again no one has told Parrish yet either. He doesn't seem to remember taking the bodies. And he's  only really dangerous when anyone tries to get in his way. If Stilinski knew the truth, he'd definitely get in his way so Lydia and Stiles are trying to find the bodies which means finding the nemeton."

"They're driving around, searching all of the woods. The last time we found this thing three of us had to almost drown in ice water."

"We're not the only ones looking for chimeras. Stilinski's got everyone looking for the new target. Questioning anyone who is a genetic chimera. Anyone whose got two sets of DNA. No one really knows what they're looking for. Some think it's a serial killer, some probably knows it's worse. The two chimeras that we know about, Hayden and Corey, they're both doing okay. Actually they're doing better than okay, they're actually healing faster and getting stronger. They don't need our help. I don't think they want it anyway. "