TWENTY-FIVE

Death is inevitable, you can't avoid it

No matter what you do or how hard you try to keep it from happening, it will eventually get you. The more surprising event is when it will actually get you. It could be five minutes from now or five months. If you're lucky enough you'll be able to live a fulfilling life before you go.

Ronnie McCall always thought about how she would die. Every breathing moment is another endless thought on her demise would play out. For the past years, she stood by and watched the body count of her friends briskly enlarge and some part of her knew it was a matter of time before she was just another statistic of Beacon Hills. She just didn't think it would happen so soon let alone think she'd be revived not long after.

Usually when one dies, they stay dead with Beacon Hills being an exception. Although coming back to life might be surprising to most, it unexpectedly didn't shock Ronnie. What shocked her was the person who decided to bring her back. Out of all people, she would've expected her brother or one of her friends. It was a long shot but she had hoped they had miraculously found a solution to her being dead. She was wrong.

Her head continued to tell her that they had bigger things on their plate at the moment. Sure, their best friend died but Ronnie was aware that they had to pull it together to save everyone. They had to save themselves before they were just another burnt up body on the ground.

Maybe that's why she decided to take his hand the minute he revived her. Because even after the horrible things that's happening to all of them, the boy still felt as if it were necessary to bring her back. Out of everyone that cared about Ronnie, she realized that Theo was the one that brought her back.

Theo came back for her.

In her mind, she felt like she owed him for that. As she leaned against the back of Theo's truck, she knew that things were different now. The moment she took Theo's hand, everything clicked. She wasn't the same person as she was before anymore. There was something about dying that left this empty hole in her heart. She felt as if she were surrounded by darkness now and she had no idea how to fix it.

She didn't know if it actually could be fixed.

Regardless, she knew what she was doing when she silently agreed to go with Theo. She would rather be with him on his side than be with people who gave up on her. Ronnie knew she was being selfish seeing as how there were bigger things to worry about than how she felt but she really didn't care anymore. It was time to think about herself for once and what she wanted.

"Why are we here?" Ronnie rolled her eyes as she looked up at Theo, who was in the space next to her mimicking her current position. They had been waiting out back of the club for at least fifteen minutes and Ronnie was beginning to grow tired. The whole time they've been talking which made the fifteen minutes seem less but nonetheless it didn't stop her from yawning.