TWENTY-TWO

Veronica McCall felt nothing

As she laid on her bed, her arms tightly hugging her cream colored pillow she recalled what happened in the previous few hours. It seemed ironic to her how she learned about Theo almost an hour after she explained to him how she felt towards him. Now, she had no clue.

She didn't feel heartbroken. She didn't feel sad. Not nauseous. She felt a sudden rage explode in her instead. A rage that numbed her internally and mentally. She's never quite felt the way she was currently feeling, making it her question whether it was actually her or a filling void inside her in which resulted of being a chimera. Though, whatever it was she felt good. It made her feel powerful.

After she discovered Theo's true intentions, she made Stiles take her home. After, he managed to make Roscoe the Jeep start up again, or at least run for a small period of time while he took her home. It was past midnight, her mother was working a late shift at the hospital and Ronnie was afraid. She was afraid of what she might to, what being alone might lead her to doing. She was afraid that being alone will give her time to think, and there was a small part in her that knew she wouldn't like what those thoughts might lead to.

Ronnie didn't trust herself to be alone.

As much as she hated it, she didn't want any comfort. She was more afraid of what she'll do if she did have comfort. That being the main reason why she was adamant on Stiles leaving her alone and that she'll be alright after he tried staying. He wanted to stay to comfort his best friend– to help her.

"You'll be helping me by leaving, Stiles." She had told him a couple of hours ago. She tried her hardest to keep a steady smile and avoid flinching at her words, "Please, I need some time to think."

It wasn't particularly a lie. She was thinking just not the kind of thinking she'd want to be doing. Most of her thoughts revolved around negative things. Even negative for her. Ronnie McCall was seeking vengeance and she felt as if nothing can stop her. Somehow, she was too into her thought to notice her eyes were glowing a fiery blue.

Her wildly thoughts abruptly came to a stop as her door suddenly opened. She turned to door only to see the guy she least wanted to see. Every time she thought about him or his words, she would flash back to what she said. The fact that he didn't stop her from leaving, let alone him believing a guy he just met up with after eight long years over a guy he's known his entire life.

"There you are, Ronnie. I was worried about you. I don –" Scott hurriedly spoke all at once as he walked towards the girl's bed. If it wasn't for the fact that Ronnie decided to talk over him, he would've continued to ramble.

"That's a first." She snorted, believing that his words were the most amusing things she heard all day.

"Ronnie, what's wrong. What are you talking about?" Scott stepped closer, interestingly.