SEVENTEEN

Pain

Pain.

That is the feeling Veronica McCall has been on the constant run from since she stepped into the dangerous world of the abnormal, the supernatural. No matter what she tried, it always seemed to catch up to her, especially in her worst times. The worst kind of pain is the emotional pain. Where you can barely feel a thing but the continuing urge to breath in air; but you never know if it will be worth it. When your last breath will be or when you have the internal conflict of not knowing whether you want to keep fighting or not. That numbing feeling continues to grow throughout the body. As if you can't move a muscle. It feels like sleep paralysis, the inability to move while falling asleep. But for Veronica McCall, it was more in the day when she felt that way, internally.

For a human, Ronnie has had more than enough pain, both emotional and physical, to last her a lifetime. She wanted to be saved from the insanity that was close to taking over - and Ronnie knew that. Only one person could save her and she had an idea on who that person was: Scott McCall.

Her twin, the one that she shared a womb with for nine months straight. The one that used to always be there for her when she needed it the most and vice versa. The boy who used to tell off the bigger kids for his older sister in the third grade, though it was quite obvious she could handle herself. It was the thought that counted for Ronnie, and she was certainly counting all of them. But so far, that number hasn't been increasing since the dread doctors had arrived to Beacon Hills.

But Ronnie would never say anything, no matter how much she wanted to. She learned - after many failed attempts - that it was best to keep quite because she knew Scott was playing the role as true alpha and trying his best in saving everyone. Except his own sister.

Like many other times, Ronnie was a big fan of ignoring the pain until it eventually goes away. Pretend it wasn't there helped her take her mind off it and that's exactly what she was going to do this time.

"Scott, I said i'm fine," Ronnie repeated - and lied - for what seemed about the millionth time that day. Ever since she blacked out at the hospital she has been getting non stop worries from her brother and mother ( maybe even some of her other supernatural friends, including a certain someone). But what else can she expect.

"You blacking out didn't seem fine to me," Scott retorted, inching the bag of ice in his hand closer to the bump on her head, "Mom said I had to apply this bag of ice on your head so hold still."

Melissa McCall made sure to leave the boy in charger of his older sister, because no matter how much she wanted to stay, she had a job to take care of. And if she wanted to keep it to keep her children sheltered and fed she was going to attend it. So she left, after Scott's insisting comments.

She slapped his hand away."I'm alright, Scott. I'm fine, really."

"Just because you say it," his eyes met his sister's, setting down the ice pack, "doesn't mean you actually mean it."