TWENTY-ONE

Ronnie McCall paced back and forth beside the metal table in the animal clinic that she had become accustomed to over the years

Ronnie McCall paced back and forth beside the metal table in the animal clinic that she had become accustomed to over the years. She couldn't help wondering where her brother and the omega were doing and why they were taking longer than they said it would.

Of course, Ronnie felt on cloud nine having kissed Theo the way she should. She liked it way more than she should but thats what happens when you fall for someone the way she did for the omega. Everything they do or say can have your heart performing a 360. She practically felt her heart explode into pieces as she heard those words fall out of his mouth saying he returned her feelings. Because, quite frankly, Ronnie was used to the opposite. However, Ronnie was on the bad side of luck that day and the moment had been ruined by her brother who had called Theo. Turns out, he had found out that it wasn't the dread doctors causing all the commotion in the hospital but instead Corey.

Theo, much like the previous time in the gym, had excused himself from the girl who was rather annoyed. This time she didn't let him get away and told him she'd go with him. Theo knew it wasn't a good idea considering Ronnie was a chimera and wherever they might find Corey it would lead the dread doctors straight towards her but to no avail. There was no winning Ronnie and she wouldn't change that.

The two had gone searching through all the corridors, room, and any other are of the hospital they missed until they received yet another call from the alpha himself. He announced the news of the founding of the young chimera and they made a new destination to where Scott told them he'd be. Surprised to see Ronnie, Scott had explained to them that the dread doctors got to Corey before they could. The red haired girl could sense that Scott felt disappointed over the fact that yet another failure was among them. One he couldn't at least bit help.

After their encounter, Scott explained to them that they needed to find Hayden seeing as how she was the next chimera and Ronnie was already safe in their presence. The two werewolves were worried over the safety of sister and almost girlfriend and persisted on the girl staying at the animal clinic assuring her they'd find Hayden (who's most likely with Liam) and bring them to the establishment. It wasn't like she had a choice Theo had forcefully hit the brakes right in front of the clinics while her brother basically pushed her out the door before she could argue.

Now it had been almost an hour, impatiently waiting in the clinic and she was becoming exhausted of waiting. At some point, she considered leaving to make it her mission to find them though she didn't know where to start. She didn't have enhanced smell or hearing to lead her. It didn't help that she had no idea what she was or what she had the ability to do yet.

The only sounds were the typing of Ronnie's keyboard as she sent various messages to her brother and the guy she likes as well as the hard thumping the rain was emitting by hitting against the hard ceiling of the building. Ronnie was beginning to miss hearing the sounds of people talking - it had been the longest time she spent without uttering a word or hearing any one else. Even though half the time she was annoyed by it, she still missed it.