05 - Surprise, Prettyface!

The phone rings repeatedly, waking Megan from her sleep. She rolls on her bed and lies on her back, opening her eyes. "Damn it." she says with a grunt, sitting up. She rubs her eyes, then looks straight and the first thing she sees is Chucky, still sitting on the living room table.

She tilts her head, staring at Chucky, noticing the door was fully open. Megan stands up and heads to the bathroom to wash up. She goes back at the living room and prepares herself a cereal for breakfast.

   Megan stands in front of Chucky, and stares at him while she eats her cereal in the bowl, which she holds on the other hand. She raises her eyebrow, "Didn't I leave you sitting on the other end of the table?" she asks him not expecting a reply, "How'd you get there?" she pauses, then laughs. "Maybe not?" she asks herself, "I'm scaring myself." Megan adds eating more of her cereal, walking to the dining table.

She puts the empty bowl down and chugs on water while walking to the chair next to the phone. Megan sits down and presses the play button.

"You have two messages." the woman says, and she speaks again after a beep.

"10:58pm:" the woman says. "Hey Molly. It's Jason, please call me back as soon as you get this. Don't turn your back on us so easily. Let's figure this out." Beep.

"7:08am:" the woman inquires again. "Molly. The company is tracing you, now. I told you you can't just leave this agency so quickly. You're going to get in big trouble. Talk to me so I can help you." an indistinct voice of man speaks at the background, "Molly, listen to me. They are going to track you. You have to make that form. You have unfinished bu-"

Megan starts pulling the cables making the wires spark, and making an electric sound. Chucky turns his head and glances at Megan, watching her make her every movie.

"Try and find me now." Megan says pulling the last cord and taking the simcard and breaking it. She plops down on the chair with a heavy weight, looking out the window. She sighs.

   On the other side, Chucky stands on the table on his feet. He smirks, facing Megan. "Bad day at work, Prettyface?" he speaks with his deep rough voice.

Megan takes a deep breath, "Yeah. Those bastards just don't know when to quit." she replies, taking a quick glance at Chucky, then back at the window, then quickly snaps back at Chucky with wide eyes.

"What the hell?!" she exclaims, still on her seat. "You... You're real!" she tries to hide her sick excitement.

Chucky laughs his infamous laughter, "You're damn right I am." he says keeping the smirk on his face.

"Jesus." Megan starts to calm herself,

Chucky steps down from the table, "How come you don't seem afraid?" he asks and snickers.

"I've heard about you." Megan says, "I don't expect a sweet killer doll talking back."

Chucky tilts his head a bit, "I like you." he starts, "I don't have to tie you up to actually talk to you." he says with his usual enthusiastic tone.

Megan slowly stands from her seat, "Why didn't you kill me when you had the chance? I know that you know I'm Mike's niece."

"I wanted to make a good impression." He chuckles, "And seeing your reaction earlier was fucking guh-reat!" he teases.

"What do you want?" She asks him. "I'm gonna need ya' for a while." Chucky replies right away putting his hand out.

"For what?" she asks him raising an eyebrow.

"I thought you might need the job," he moves his eyebrows suggestively, "You know. Now that you're on the brink of the other one."

"How the hell did you know that?" She asks him, crossing her arms.

Chucky looks up, smiling at her, "Tracing you? Tracking you down until you turn yourself over?" He clicks his tongue, "Looks like someone ran off from her job?"

Megan walks away and heads to the other side to take her gun from the drawer, "I didn't run." she says, "They took me out of it." and as she pulls the drawer, she notices her gun was missing.

"And what exactly is your job? Mine's probably better." Chucky says, taking the gun from his jumper,

Megan turns to face Chucky, aiming the gun at her. "Looking for this?" he smiles at her.