19 - The Truth?

Trust. It's what we all lack these days. We just don't know who to trust and how to keep it. Also, it's what I want Chucky to do for me. I want him to trust me like I do. But why can't I tell him?

Okay, fine, I'm not ready to tell him. Because I'm scared he'll change his mind and we'll both have to fight and kill each other tonight 'cos he knows I kill quickly.

I drive home making sure he's not following. The landlady greets me as usual and I force a smile that isn't really obvious.

* * *

   I sneak inside the house, praying that Megan isn't home yet. And as the usual, I get home before her. She's such a slow driver, steering the wheel so smoothly, relaxed. It's what bugs me when prettyface and I hit the road. But it's more staring time for me. Okay, fine, fine! I stare at her most of the time. She's so beautiful, and I can't deny that.

   Never seen someone as beautiful as Megan before, and that scares me. It just easily means I'm attracted to her which is wrong. I can't let myself do that. The last thing I know, I might be saving her from a fiery building. Ugh.

   But I can't stop myself from admiring her. She's got everything, you know. A pretty face that glows at night, and an impressive skill set which she uses to kill. What else do I want in a lady, right? Well, nothing. But here's the problem, I'm a fucking doll and I can't prove anything to her.

   I know I should be worrying about her accepting what I do, like killing, but I think she already does. I mean, she cares for me, isn't that enough?

Fuck. I better get my head on straight. And how the hell do I stop a phone from ringing?

The beeper beeps and a message plays through the phone's speaker, "Molly. It's Jason... Can you call me as soon as you get this? you probably won't but... can you just meet me in the coffee shop instead?" he pauses for a while to swallow, "I'll explain everything including how I traced your new number but, I bet you already know. We're agents for goodness sakes. Haha, but seriously just call me. Okay? And I miss you. Bye." the machine beeps again.

   Well what do you know? Prettyface has an admirer. She must've run away from her job and him too. I could tell the guy's a dork. Sorry, Jason. I won't let you track her down again. I press a button that would erase her voice messages and smirk when I hear the machine say, 'message deleted'.

* * *

   A few hours passed and I am a bit disappointed. I know I tried to avoid Chucky, but there's something about me that wants to see him sneak up again. He's good at it and even if I hate getting startled, I love it all at the same time.

I look out the window, my hands crossed watching everyone who passed the street.

"If you always knew how to fight like that, how come you never tried to fight me off?" he asks me. I don't turn, but I felt a spark inside of me when I got startled by his voice. I look down with a smirk on my face, then I look up at the window, I still don't turn, "That's what I keep asking myself." I tell him.

Chucky laughs softly and clears his throat, "What do you do, Meg?" he asks again. "What did you do that made you run away that far?"

I sigh. There's no point of hiding the truth anymore. "I'm an ex-agent." I say, "I used to kick anyone's ass and bring them to the big bosses. If they try to kill me, sometimes they don't make it." I turn around.

"So you kill people?" he asks,

I shake my head, "Not really."

"So you're just like me?" he asks again.

I narrow my eyebrow, "Kind of. But I don't kill for vengeance... yet."

I can tell he's loving this. Not the reaction I expected, but it's better than killing each other to death.

"Why did you run away?"

"I didn't like how they treated me. It was so cautious, and everyday they waited patiently for the day that I'll get resigned which happened because Mike filed it." I explain to him.

He kept quiet.

"You're mad because they kicked you out?" he asks me stepping to the couch.

I tilt my head, "I'm mad for a lot of things. First, the company's full of hypocrites. Second, they're using my hard work  for their own sake. And lastly, I'm furious because they underestimated me. Especially Norris and my father. They're scared the daughter might not be able to handle her violent urges." I said too much, but opening up felt so much better.

He still didn't respond. He leans on the desk.

I sigh and drop on the couch next to me, "I don't want to work for anyone. I just want to fulfil my need."

Charles glances at me, "And yet I kept ordering you around, 'cause I made you a hostage a few days ago. But you didn't lose it. You held it all in." He furrows his eyebrows, "Why?"

I look down and tried finding the right words that would match my emotions. I'm lost and I don't know what to say. If I tell him the exact truth, he'll laugh. But if I lie and tell him half of it, turning it all around, he'll understand. But which one? I think this is the best time to use my acting skills, but I think I just lost it. I'm speechless.