11 - Perspective

The alarm clock rang violently, waking me. As I stare at the ceiling, I almost had forgotten that I live in a doll's body. I fell asleep—that's a bad sign. I'm becoming human too fast. 

I glared at the clock still ringing loud. Quickly, I grabbed Megan's gun and shot the alarm clock. Afterwards, I put the gun down on the table and jump down on the floor, trying to stretch my rubber arms. Then I stopped from moving completely to face Megan's room.

She isn't there.

* * *

Running down the alleyways and crowded streets is the hardest thing ever. It's fortunate that the street's busier than ever. It's easier to dart across streets when there are hundreds of pairs of legs walking about the damn street. It's a mission to cross streets, but it's a whole other thing when it comes to going to the police department. Cops are even more attentive. Shit can get pretty risky.

But I'll take risks for Prettyface, though.

I make my way to every empty corner and hide, just to take a quick look inside, to only make sure Megan was alright. I know she's in here, and I know that this is the only place she'll be going to.

   But I think I'm out of luck, my prediction's out the window. I don't see her anywhere and this bothers me. But after crossing a room from another one, I see the guy who visited us last night. I mean... her.

   It was that nosy cop-ass from last night, and I remember him. I sneak closer, to hear what he and the other guy were talking about. I hide under the desk and listen closely.

"What do we do with her?" Lewis asks, leaning on the table.

Gregg sighs, "I don't know. File a new report and tell everyone about it?" he chuckles.

Lewis shakes his head in disbelief, "Whatever." he says.

"Why don't you take her out now?"

"Oh, no, no, no." Lewis disagress, "I can't do that."

"You'll have to do it by yourself. You'll take the credit."

   I can't believe it. They're planning to kill Megan. But how the fuck did they know? I gape after hearing their short conversation and I quickly sneak out of the building, before they could find me. Because of what I heard, it's like they already confirmed that she's here. But I'm not sure where. I have to move on and think of how to get away with them.

   Leaving her behind is the only choice. I mean, if they have her, I can't go and save her fucking life like that. I'm not some hero bullshit. Besides, she might've told them the truth or they thought she killed Karen. I have to get back to her apartment and make sure I don't have any evidence.

* * *

   As I sneak out on the empty streets, and through the alleyways, I finally reached the block where the apartment was. I make sure no one was in sight, before I walk up to the building. But as I glance at my right, I see a familiar car.

Megan's here?

* * *

   Megan quickly runs down the stairs, unable to wait for the elevator for hurrying. She pants, trying to take her car keys and walking out from the main lobby of the apartment building. Kate greets her, but she gives her a quick nod and runs out of the place.

   She sees her black car parked around the corner, and she runs to it. Opening the car door, she throws her bag inside, also hurrying to start the engine. She gets in and as she starts the car, a doll was sitting beside her on the passenger's seat.

"Where the hell have you been. Meg?" Chucky asks with a high tone of voice.

Megan gasps and screams, "Holy shit-" she starts to catch her breath, "Chucky?! Don't you ever do that again." she glances at him.

"I'm asking you again, where have you been?"

She scoffs, "I think I should ask you the same question, Charles."

"What?!"

"I just went out for a while, and I come back seeing one of my walls shot? and you're not even there." She exclaims, "I thought they took you."

"Well they didn't." Chucky he tightens his lips, staring back at Megan. "You know, you could've told me where you were going so I didn't have to look for you."

"I went to the Police. I settled the whole thing."

Chucky groans, shaking his head in disbelief, "Well you could've just told me. I thought you told them, I thought I had to kill you."

"Well, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you, But you should've waited." Megan starts, "Why don't you just kill me now if you're going to have trust issues."

Chucky punches the dashboard and shouts, "Well I wouldn't if you just told me-!"

"Well I didn't, Okay?"

   Megan pauses, looking back at Chucky who was staring at her with anger. She was panting, then she looks away and leans on her back. "Alright," she sighs, "Sorry. I didn't know you were going to worry."

"I wasn't worrying." he refuses, "I thought they had you already." he pauses, looking out.

Megan rolls her eyes then slowly glances at Chucky, "What made you come back?" she asks him.

"I was going to leave, then I saw you." he says, "I realized that you were back."

"Oh." was all she said, and they both held a long pause.

* * *

   I guess I was wrong. I'm assuring impossibilites, and it's a big distraction. What the hell was I even thinking. Charles freaking out cause he cares? Yeah, right. His last sentences brushed it all off. He's got a different perspective and so do I. I better get my shit together before I distract myself with these stupid things.