24 - Ruined

The door opens a crack, as I slowly push farther in more, trying to get in the apartment without making a sound. This was not a good idea. I should've gotten in through the window. I'm starting to forget about the I'm a doll thing. This feeling's gettin' to me like a fast train.

   Once I got in, I see Meg on the dining area, a mug on her hand. I stand near the door pane and lean against the wall, "You okay, prettyface?" I ask her.

   As the usual, she gets startled with my voice. It's like it never grows old. She never got used to it. Meg's eyes hover down at me, she sits up, "Hey," she says with more of relief on her tone.

"You should be asleep." I tell her,

"I'm fine." she whispers and glances back at her drink,

"You sure?"

The side of her lips quirks up, "Since when did you care?" she glances back at me,

"I don't know," I shrug and smirk at her. She smiles faintly.

"Where have you been?" she asks me,

"Me? I was just-"

Megan leans on her hand, "You don't have to lie." she says.

Great, I completely forgot about this part. I know I should be skipping on the part where I tell her that I already found a body and its a good thing... well, that kinda stuck up as a lump on my throat.

"Charles?" she called out as I snap back to reality, "What is it?" she asks.

What is it, Chuck. Tell her. "I-I have great news." I smirk. "Remember Jason?"

She frowns a bit at my question, "Yeah? What about him?"

"I have him." I tell her. Oh shit, this is going to be hard.

"You what?"

I look up at her, "I have him, all tied up. You don't have to worry about him anymore.

She looks pissed. "Chucky! I told you not to do that!" she freaked, standing on both feet now.

"Look, It's all under control." I try to calm her down,

"What do you mean by that?" she gasps, "No. No. You killed him?!"

"I did not kill him, Meg. That's the point."

She scoffs, "What?! What-you want me to kill him instead of you? Have you gone mad?"

"No! That's not what I meant!" I exclaim,

"Why did you hurt him? I stayed away from him already. Why did you have to cause him trouble?" she exclaims back and walks out of the dining area. I turn to her, my face all red now. She didn't even give me time to explain.

"Why are you so worried about him anyway?!"

She glares at me, "He was my friend. I already kept him away so nothing would harm him."

"Friend, yeah right." I mumble looking away,

She shakes her head, "Oh I bet you don't get it. Because all you have in life is hatred, revenge and violence!" she points out.

I look back at her gaping, "You're definitely right. I don't get it. I don't get it because that guy you call friend just happens to work at the job you hated!"

Megan hisses, and I continue, "I thought you hated the people there? I thought you hated that job?"

"I might've, but you didn't have to get into it." she replies,

"Oh, okay. So you care for him, don't ya'?"

"Yeah, sure, I do." she says, but I'm not sure if she's telling the truth or if she's being sarcastic.

I step closer, "Alright. Fine!" I shout,

"Fine!" she says and sneers, "Thanks for causing me enough trouble and for risking my life."

Now that's just too wrong. Way out of line there. "Risk your life?" I mumble again, she completely is dumbfounded. She needs to know, "I saved your life."

"Oh, you did?" she sneers again,

I exclaim once more, "Yes I did, but I guess you care too much for the friend who just admitted that  he's getting into you so he can bring you back to your lovely little boss and permanently take you out."

She pauses with confusion in her eyes, "What?"

I tried my best to calm down, "He called you so he can get close to you, you were right, your organization wanted to take you off the list, and by list, in the whole fucking universe." I explain, "You wanna go and care for him?" I point outside, "Pay him a romantic visit in the warehouse. I'm sure he'll appreciate your kindness."

I head to the dining area and before I left, I glance back up at her, "I bet he'll appreciate it... more than I do, prettyface." Fuck! That's it. I have no control on everything I say now. It's nothing but the truth.

She wanted it, I gave it.