15 - Dead End

It feels like a million topics were being flashed in my mind, different channels all over it. I was nervous and excited at the same time. My heart was raising right when Greg faced me. I knew I was responsible of this, and I am not turning back. If he finds out something that cops do not like, I bring my skills to senses and kick his ass. It's really that easy.

"We dug up your files and we've identified something... We should've known." he starts, looking straight at me. Better ready my fists.

I nod once in exchange of a sigh, "You are somehow connected to Mike Norris, correct me if I'm wrong?"

Shit. He knows it, he definitely knows about Mike's murder. I nod once.

"We are terribly sorry for your loss." he says with his eyes staring down.

I nod again.

He looks up at me and sighs, "We found out you were there the night he was killed..."

Here we go. I fold my hand into a fist.

Greg looks at me with concern, "Did you know who killed him?" he gives me the give-me-an-answer look. I stare at him.

He sneers but more with a betrayed expression, "You're gonna have to talk somehow, Megan. I'm doing this to protect you."

What? I loosen my grip and my eyebrow narrows. Protect me? What is this old man talking about? I thought he caught me red handed... Well... I guess not.

* * *

   As my usual plan, I sneak in to find out what these assholes want. They might've found out about us both, or about the death of Norris. I need to take them out, or else my plan's going out of the window. But my curiosity is bugging me like a junkie who wants to know where drugland is. I sneak out of the building and head to the emergency exit's stairs, tip-toed to the window and peeked through it.

If I find them cuffing prettyface or even laying a finger at her, I'm cutting them off. This is the only plan I have left and I am not letting these amateur bastards ruin it for me.

   But are my eyes deceiving me? Greg and Megan are sitting together. He just patted her on the back, like...like he's comforting her. Did something happen? I know she doesn't have any relative left that could've possibly died.

   Greg the fag stands up and points his thumb at some direction as he talks with Meg. She nods and stands before him and they both head to the door.

I think they're headed somewhere else. No shit. Did she turn me over? Or did one of her relatives die that she had to go? Or did she tell him the whole truth?

Fuck this. I opened the window and hid before anyone could see me. I held still, making sure I won't fall. I hear Greg open the door and he gestures his hand to the other cops, "We're going to the station. She's staying there." he says after Megan leaves the room.

She turned me over. But one last way to find out if she did, I need to go to the station.