28 - All Night Long

• Dedicated to all those amazing readers of this book!

(Just a whole lot of romance and cuteness.)

    The white door opens as the old, rusty door knob turns and hits the wall. Megan was back with Charles. She steps her foot in and continues until the couch. Megan drops her bag on the table nearby and slowly turns to face Charles who was standing at the doorpane.

"Welcome back." she says with a smile on her face,

Charles could not help but smirk. His cheeks turned red and warm having a different kind of feeling as he enters the apartment room as a human. His fingers touch the wall as he walks inside. He stops just an inch apart from Megan. His smirk doesn't leave as he looks down on Megan.

"I can't wait to spend the night and finally sleep on the bed." he says and chuckles while his thumb reaches for Megan's chin. He pulls her chin up making her look up at him, straight in the eye. His lips were just a centimeter away from hers. Megan laughs, her gaze leaving his.

She couldn't show him how happy she was. It was pride, but her feelings kept pushing her to show him how much she wanted to kiss him all day. She cares for him. I want him, she thought. I need him.

"Actually..." she speaks up, her eyes locked with his now, "you can't sleep in that bed tonight."

"What?" Charles furrows his eyebrows, "Why?" he asks under his breath,

Megan holds his hand and pulls it down gently, "We're leaving. Tonight."

"Tonight?" he repeats,

She walks away and starts packing her clothes. Charles watched her move and pack things into one luggage. "Why are we leaving?" he asks, "there's nothing to worry about. No one's out to get you, or me."

Megan kneels near the table, he pulls the table and removes the carpet under it revealing an empty space filled with a black backpack.

Charles jump from his senses, confusion in his eyes. "What the--" he watches her take the bag and put the carpet and table back.

"Here," she hands him over the bag and slings the strap on his hand, "We're gonna need those."

Charles zips the bag open and finds a passport and the rest of a few contracts identifying Megan. He looks at Megan, "We're leaving the country?"

She nods as she heads to the kitchen. 

"And how do you plan on leaving with me?"

Megan speaks distantly until she heads back to Charles, "With your passport." she says with something in hand.

"I don't have a passport." Charles argues,

She stands in front of him and places a passport on Charles' hand, "You do now." she says.

Charles flips the passport and sees his face on the I.D.. His eyes widen as he glances back at Megan who was smirking at him, "Did I tell you how bad-fuckin'-ass you are?"

Megan laughs and pecks on Charles' lips. She pulls her luggage up and heads to the door, "Let's go?"

"Hell yes." he replies and straps the bag on his shoulder,

"Then let's." she says and opens the door,

Charles follows her to the door, "Damn. We're really leaving tonight?" he says, "I was planning on making love in that bed... leaving a pile of memories, you know?"

Megan clings to Charles' arm, "Let's go." she rolls her eyes.

* * *

     The blue curtain gets dragged by a lady, revealing Megan from the other side. "Good evening, Ma'am?" she starts,