18 - Ready or Not

I stand behind the door, trying to keep myself together. I pushed him off smoothly and I didn't even had to stretch a muscle. I sigh in relief and as I turn around, I gasp in shock seeing Charles standing on the ground looking at me with an evil smirk on his face.

"What the hell, Charles?!" I wince and quickly cover my mouth, realizing that I shouted too loud. I widen my eyes, still looking at him. He glares and asks me, "Where the hell have you been?"

I couldn't answer, and I didn't even know how. All I could think of right now is why the hell is he in here and why did he come looking for me when he could've just ran off. He's gonna die if these cops see him. We're in a police station for crying out loud.

"Oh, wait, don't answer that. Let me rephrase the question, what are you doing here?" he raises his voice at me.

I scoff and step closer, "Are you f*cking insane?" I start, "Why are you here and how did you get in here?"

He sneers, "Not your problem."

"Do you realize this place is a police station? People here can shoot you before you even know it, Charles!"

"Stop calling me that, Megan." he barks back,

I shake my head, "Why did you even come here?" My concerned look starts showing, I just couldn't hold it any longer. "Cops out there won't think twice when they see you. They'll kill you, you know that."

The glare vanishes from his eyes and his eyebrows furrows, "Yeah I do." he says but he kept a straight face.

"You could've waited for me back at my apartment, Chucky." I say and lean on the desk, my hands crossed next to my chest. "God, don't you want to live anymore?" I say catching my breath.

He raises his hands, "Why the hell are you so worried? God, look at me, I'm still alive." he says stepping closer and standing up on the seat.

"Just-just don't sneak up like that." I say, "You should've left me and ran off."

"Why would I do that?" he asks,

I look at him, "Cause they know you killed Mike and they're searching for you."

"They won't find me anywhere." he sneers.

I roll my eyes at him, "Why do you always go over the edge? You think you're invincible or something?"

"I ain't invincible."

"Then why are you in the cop's territory?"

He pauses, "Because I had to know what they did to you. I had to know if you-if-you might've turned me in."

I sneer at him and shake my head, "Trust issues again?" I bluff and he laughs.

"Don't do that again, next time, just be patient and wait for me to say something."

"How should I know? I didn't know you were going to freak out like earlier. I mean, what are you so worried about? Since when did my hostage came nagging about my protection?" he laughs at me.

I raise my eyebrow, "I was not nagging about your protection." I pause, thinking for a good reason. Come on Meg, think well. "I was just...making sure you wouldn't turn me in."

"Me?" he says with a stern look, "Turn you in?"

I look at him and nod.

"Yeah, like I can walk up here and tell them you're helping me kill people. Nice try, prettyface." he looks at me and he suddenly smirks.

I roll my eyes again and turn around, "Is it wrong to care about you?" I mumble quiet enough for him to not hear as I head to bed, probably like I was talking to myself.

"What?" he asks,

I turn to him, "I said, I was leaving this place." I tell him, stuttering on my words. Seriously, Meg? Years of spy agency and you freak out now?

* * *

   My lips forms another smirk when I thought I just heard her mumble, "Is it wrong to care for you?" Yep, I heard it just right. This woman is nuts. Don't tell me she actually does.

I ask her again and she says something else, which is too far from what I just heard. Does she think I'm that deaf?

I quickly change the topic, "Why don't you just kick everyone's ass in here and then leave?" I ask her, obviously stating about the incident earlier.

I saw her kill Greg in his own office. She made him eat shit and I like that. No, actually, I love that. And that is completely nuts. I was impressed actually.

"I can't do that." she lies stepping closer to me,

"I saw you, Prettyface. You don't have to lie." I confront her. Straight to the point.

She pauses and looks at me, "I have no idea what you're-"

I point a finger at her, "Don't even play me. I know what I saw." I say sternly.

Meg turns away quick and starts shoving her stuff into her bag, violently. She presses the button on the phone and speaks, "I'm ready to leave." she says and zips her bag.

"Megan. Stop." I order her but she ignores me. Don't tell me she's afraid to speak now? Goddamn it. I keep still and pull her arm before she could even pass by, "Just tell me the truth. How can I trust you when you keep hiding from me?"

Before she could answer, the door opens.

It's the officer and he says he'll escort her out. Megan glances at her right seeing me hiding behind the door. She nods and leaves the room without me.