21 - Let's Play Hide the Feelings

Its been a whole day since Megan freaked out and got all pissed when I asked her why she didn't try to kill me. I have no clue what's gotten into her, but I'll deal with that later. First, I better get rid of Jason or also use him to get a few info about Meg.

   Before I left, I waited for Megan to get out of her room. I had a few things to ask her that Jason couldn't give an answer to. She sees me standing on one of the chairs, fixing plates on the dining table. She looks at me with a shocked expression on her face.

"If you're gonna ask if I cooked, I didn't." I tell her and finish preparing her plate, "I ordered them off. Used some of my money."

She sneers, "You mean the money you stole?" she asks and heads at my direction.

I smirk, "Hey, It's not stolen if the guy stole it." she laughs at me and sits on the chair next to me. I lean my elbow on the table.

"Whatever," she says and looks at the food, "You're not planning to kill me, are you?" she glares at me, "You're gonna have to do better than that."

   I can't believe this woman. What makes her think I'd kill her? She's probably paranoid. "Just eat your food. If I wanted to kill you," I take the knife on the table and stab it hard on the table. "I would use this." I say pointing at the knife standing on the table.

"Yeah, probably." she agrees and starts eating her pancakes. "This tastes delicious!"

I smile like I cooked it myself, "Oh stop!" I say batting my eyelashes looking all flattered with an exaggerated don't-tease-me-you-beautiful-woman tone.

She laughs and kept eating. I hope she doesn't get pissed if I ask her again... "Why did Jason call you Molly?"

Megan stops eating, her eyes focused on the wall. Her eyes hover back at me as I give her a shrug. She sighs and puts the fork down, "I guess I haven't been completely honest with you." she starts.

Well this sounds good.

"You didn't tell me that much." I say and let her continue,

"Like I said, I was an agent." she takes a deep breath, "But I ran away and I knew one of them was going to look for me. Possibly because they're scared I might exploit the system's deepest secrets. Well I never planned to. I just wanted to start a new life, and here I am." she says and chuckles softly. "But Jason...he just doesn't stop worrying. But actually, I don't even know if he cares or he just wants to make me think that so he can bring me back to that damn system."

I lean on the chair. "Whatever his reason is, he should let go."

She looks at me and her face says it for her, she's wondering why I said that. Shit. What do I say?

"But that's just my opinion." I say and jump down on the floor, "If I were you, I'd stay away from him." Because I get jealous easily, and I want you for my own. Say it Chuck.

"Yeah." she says so softly like it was just her breath sighing in relief. I don't want her to worry. "But why do you think I should?"

Okay, here we go. Lying time. "Of course I don't want you taken...'cos I don't want my plan to be interfered. I'm too tired to work on them." Good one.

A dry smile appears on her face. Should I tell her it was a joke?

"So..." I start again, "You named yourself Megan now?"

"I was always Megan. Molly was a fake name." she says and stands up, "But I'm free of that past now. I'm here and this is what I'm meant to do. But I guess its the same thing: taking orders." she says and pauses, then heads to the other room.

I messed up. I should've told her I was kidding. "I was just kidding, prettyface." I say.

"Whatever, Charles." she says. I can't tell if she's joking or if she's pissed again.